Tullow Oil Announces Latest Career Opportunity. We are looking for a Maintenance Superintendent to be based offshore – Ghana. The rotation will be (28X28). This is offered on a permanent basis.
The role will report to the Offshore Installation Manager, with a functional report to the M&I Manager. The individual will be responsible for the execution of all maintenance and inspections activities on the FPSO.
Manage all Maintenance and Inspection activities on the FPSO in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of the safety of others, effective utilization of relevant FPSO systems, processes, and resources, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements. Works in conjunction with Maintenance & Integrity Manager to develop and implement the Ghana Asset Maintenance strategy.
- Manage all planned preventative and corrective maintenance as described in Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) PMs, Job Plans and work instructions
- Manage Shutdown and major/campaign maintenance work programs
- Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety, production, and environmental critical equipment, reporting any deviation to performance standards, and raising work orders in CMMS.
- Manage all fault finding and diagnostic checks ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
- Participates in failure investigations and root cause analysis to identify and implement reliability improvement opportunities.
- Ensures critical spares and materials are available to enable work to be completed per schedule.
- Ensure any discrepancies are addressed.
- Completing and maintaining all documentation as required for all maintenance operational work activities
- Liaises with and obtains Engineering Technical Support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, management procedures, and specifications.
- Works closely with onshore M&I Manager and Team to ensure development and implementation of the TGL Maintenance Strategy
- Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgment to the input, and execution, and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and productivity without loss of integrity.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Tullow Oil Announces Latest Career Opportunity)
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in mechanical/maintenance engineering.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive post-graduate industry experience in a Supervisory engineering discipline role, ideally in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry, ideally at a refinery or offshore facility in the field of Maintenance management of process plant.
- Ideally have experience in FPSO tanker operations and maintenance and Classification requirements for hull, machinery, and topsides production facilities.
- Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities plant and machinery, ensuring their safe operation and maintenance
- A proven track record of leading multi-discipline maintenance and inspection teams to meet targets on time and within budget
- Experience managing maintenance and inspection/corrosion management plans
- Sound knowledge and experience of facility asset integrity management principles including risk-based inspection (RBI), corrosion management, anomaly management, and fabric maintenance.
• Experience in defect elimination, root cause analysis, and reliability improvement. Actively participate and/or contribute toward defect elimination/system ownership focus groups.
- Experience in shutdown planning and management
- Experience in computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience with Safety and Operations Management Systems
- Detailed knowledge of NDT techniques and their limitations.
- Knowledge of coatings selection, application, and inspection/maintenance.
- Knowledge of Pressure systems equipment and piping system basic design/fabrication.
- Knowledge of safety requirements including control of work systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy, and instructions.
- Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
- Acts as a change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
- Lead by example, coaching others in performing Maintenance in line with all legislative, environmental, and company standards and procedures.
- Accept accountability and responsibility. Demonstrates responsibility, ownership, and excellence in all aspects of Maintenance work.
- Has the presence to influence others to change their modes of operation and maintenance management to improve asset performance
- Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgment to the planning, prioritization, scheduling, execution, and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities
- Communicates and presents effectively both orally and in writing to management, engineers, subordinates, and contractors.
- Takes initiative to get tasks completed
- Collaborates effectively with peers and others
- Teamwork – work cooperatively with others for the benefit of the wider team, shares knowledge, and best practice
- Open, honest & reliable.
- Represent the Company professionally and articulately according to the Tullow Business Ethics & Values.
- Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors/suppliers to establish a positive Company relationship.
Tullow Oil Announces Latest Career Opportunity – HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED