Teacher of Challenge Program At Design and Technology Institute.
The Design & Technology Institute (DTI) is a hub for engineering and design practice at Accents & Art Limited (AAL). Formally launched in March 2016, the Institute seeks to provide the platform for students from the various universities, polytechnics, technical and vocational institutions gain industry experience by working closely with artisans on a factory floor and supported by experienced instructors. Students are further exposed to field/site visits to enable them experience first-hand what transpires in industry. Visit https://dtiafrica.com/ to learn more about DTI
This is to help bridge the gap between the school curriculum and world of work. The Institute explores ideas and challenges perceived as boundaries between academic disciplines.
To develop and equip students with Life skills through experiential learning, instruction and guidance on how to effectively handle the challenges and problems commonly encountered in daily life.
Teacher of Challenge Program At Design and Technology Institute – Key Responsibilities:
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Coach and challenge students to become focused, self-controlled, self-motivated risk takers in order to achieve their goals especially in a world filled with distractions and information overload.
- Motivate students to willingly advance new solutions in the culture/environment in which they work.
- Guide students to the point where they are able to assess the consequences of their own decisions.
- Train students on how to build trust and maintain their networks particularly, in the workplace.
- Give students regular constructive feedback which is essential to creating a high-quality connection that facilitates change.
- Assign students challenging projects to enable them develop critical thinking and perspective taking skills.
- Help students to become self-aware by occasionally requesting them to do some introspection so that they can better regulate their emotions.
- Create situations that help students learn how to identify and cope with stress.
- Give students opportunities to make presentations to build their confidence and verbal communication skills.
- Complete term and other reports on the School Management System when implemented.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Support students through counselling with academic problems and encouragement and mentoring.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations.
- Protect students from all forms of abuse.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experimental activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of school programmes such as Safeguarding, Gender programming, community project, school work transitions, and workplace experience.
- Agree performance objectives and targets with the Director of Studies at the beginning of every academic year and prepare self-assessments for performance appraisals.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Institute.
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of a BA/ B.Sc. degree in Psychology or Social Work with 3-5 years’ experience in Teaching and Counselling or in Psychology Practice involving support to the youth.
- Experience with behavior change management
- A team player with a great deal of patience.
- Ability to work with young people
- Able to facilitate programs and manage people
- Able to use computers (word possessor, spreadsheet)
- Knowledge of School Management Software
How To Apply for the Teacher of Challenge Program At Design and Technology Institute
Please send your Applications and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 7th January 2022
NB: Male Applicants are encouraged to apply
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED