This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Tax And Treasury Officer with the objective of managing the Company’s statutory payments and ensuring efficient cash management.
In this role, the successful candidate will work in our Finance Department as a Full-time Term Employee. The successful candidate will be hired as part of the Tax & Treasury Management Program and his or her continuous employment at Hubtel will be based on the success of this program.
Success for this program is:
- when we are able to file and pay all the tax and SSNIT requirements on time to avoid penalties and interest respectively.
- when we are able to efficiently invoicing our postpaid customers and manage our collection efficiently in line with contract terms.
- When we have an effective payment planning cycle in place and all receivable related items in the Balance Sheet are reconciled within 15 working days after the end of the month.
- State of the art working environment.
- Petty expense support to cover internet, phone calls, and other reasonable requirements.
- Access to the office gym and games room.
- Medical Insurance ( Including, Dental and Eye Care)
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance and accounting.
- Level 2 of professional accounting course ( ICA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Liaise between finance team and the banks on banking activities.
- Strong presentation, report writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge in ERP and reporting tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suites and Accounting software.
- Minimum of three years in an Accounting related field.
- Performance of monthly Bank and Mobile Wallet/OVA reconciliations.
- Performance of banking and investment activities.
- Assist with month-end account closure procedures including reconciliation of income attribution, preparation of journals entries and financial returns.
- Validate and approve general ledger entries in accounting software (Xero) that are accompanied by supporting documents to ensure proper classification of accounts.
- Process monthly payroll for staff in line with approved employees’ benefits and condition of service for approval and payment.
- Prepare monthly cash flow analysis for revenue and expense planning and quarterly management accounts with variance analysis for corporate governance reporting.
- Assist with the timely preparation of periodic financial and tax returns and filings with the Company’s regulators.
- Maintain and analyze all assets, liabilities and accruals to ensure proper recognition of income/expenses in appropriate accounting period.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets statement and effective financial management of Company’s resources.
- Assist and manage all regulatory inquiries and periodic examinations, annual audit process with external auditor(s) including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Ensure overall compliance with financial controls and adhere to regulatory and audit standard.
- Managing invoicing and account receivables reconciliation.
- Will undertake other duties assigned by the CFO.
How To Apply – Tax And Treasury Officer At Hubtel
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED