A Site Reliability Engineer is needed at Hubtel. The position holder should be interested in complex distributed systems, how they work, how they can work better or how we even know if they’re working at all. We need someone who has spent time working as a developer (writing code with a team to fix operational issues or build features) and spent time on operational concerns (investigating production incidents, creating, or updating monitoring and alerting plans for production systems and investigating performance issues).
The successful candidate will work as a Full-time Term Employee.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation or other Infrastructure as Code systems.
- Understanding of networking: Firewalls, VPN, AWS VPCs etc.
- Experience with AWS Managed Services like EC2, EKS, RDS, Open Search, ELB, S3 and Elastic Cache, Redshift.
- Knowledge of best practices around security roles/policies for AWS IAM.
- Experience working with monitoring services (Grafana, Cloudwatch, Nagios etc).
- Experience with CI/CD (Azure DevOps).
- Proven software engineering experience.
- Databases and Big Data Stores.
- Monitoring Instrumentation or Observability.
- Standard parts of a web app’s stacks such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux internals and administration.
- Able to define actionable monitoring and alerting for systems.
- On-call experience dealing with production incident management and resolution.
- Manage production Infrastructure sites
- Own the pipeline of deployments to production, this includes establishing and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline
- Drive blameless post-mortems
- Identify and solve critical problems and build automation to prevent their recurrence.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in both production and lower environments.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces to allow production applications scale to support millions of concurrent users.
- Utilize infrastructure as code to help teams get the support they need to build and maintain their own services
- Provision and configure cloud assets using scripts, API’s, CLI’s and management consoles
- Must be self-driven enough to close out tasks with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to work from home with reliable internet connectivity and stable electricity supply in a quiet environment.
- Must own a functional personal laptop capable of meeting the demands of the work.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
How To Apply – Site Reliability Engineer At Hubtel
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED