Senior Mechanical Engineer – Projects. We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Mechanical Engineer – Projects.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all mechanical engineering and construction activities and plans to ensure Obuasi Project underground infrastructure and supporting infrastructure objectives and milestones are achieved in line with defined expectations and best for project outcomes.
- This includes managing, overseeing, and monitoring all underground infrastructure, Paste Plant, and supporting underground infrastructure engineering and construction activities.
- Managing a multi-disciplined Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contractor, subcontractors, and other third-party contractors, to ensure works are undertaken in line with health, safety, and environmental obligations, design specifications, quality requirements, budget, and schedule expectations.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 10+ years of project engineering construction experience.
- Recent major project delivery experience, preferably within a large blue-chip mining or resources environment.
- Multi-disciplined, design, construction, and commissioning experience, and have effectively managed teams, preferably within an owner’s team environment, with EPCM contractor and or subcontractor management experience
- Multi-disciplined construction experience.
- Ability to resolve design and construction conflicts.
- Clear understanding of Quality and HSE management systems.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within multiple project teams.
- Defined timeframes and budgets.
- Able to understand the importance of regularly monitoring progress and financial status of projects.
- Ability to present to executives and key stakeholders
- Leading by example, displaying Technical and Professional leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Manage conflict.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Projects – HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: December 28, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED