Ghana Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced recruitment for a job position in Legal and Enforcement.
To ensure compliance with all the Laws and Regulations and Guidelines of the Commission and provide the required legal advice and support services to all departments in order to achieve the objectives of the Commission.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide interpretation and assist with the implementation of relevant laws, regulations and directives relating to the work of the SEC.
- Represent the Commission in Litigation either with the Commission’s Legal Team or with its External Solicitors.
- Conduct extensive legal research and analysis and provide legal opinions when required.
- Handle, formulate and draft legislation, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars etc. and amendment thereof as required by the SEC.
- Ensure the compliance by market operators with the provisions of the securities industry laws, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars etc. including licensing of the market operator.
- Assist in instructing, liaising and evaluating solicitors in the provision of services to the Commission.
- Prepare contracts and other legal documents to protect the interest of the Commission.
- Monitor evolution of the regulatory framework, make impact analysis and update management.
- Identify legal risks for the Commission and provide advice.
- Provide corrective action in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Resolve problems in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Provide Company Secretarial Services in the absence of the Board Secretary.
- Work under the Head, Legal and Enforcement and with other members of the department and other departments when required etc.
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience (Recruitment at Ghana Securities and Exchange Commission SEC)
- Must have a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s in Law (LLM) in a field relevant to the SEC.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Professional qualification in Law (BL).
- Must be a member of Ghana Bar Association and in good standing.
- A minimum of 9 years at the Bar with relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be in a management position in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required for The Available Positions:
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritising of activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Strong ethical and professional skills etc
CLOSING DATE: SATURDAY, 9TH OCTOBER 2021. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED