There is a job vacancy for the position of Purchasing Coordinator At Kempinski Hotel. The incumbent in this position is responsible to procure quality food, beverages, materials, equipment, supplies and services for the hotel while minimizing cost. All work is carried-out in line with the hotel’s policies & procedures.
See Also: Massive Job Recruitment At FHI360
- To initiate purchase requisitions as required and ensure the lowest cost consistent foods, beverages, materials, services, equipment, and supplies with required quality standards are procured on a timely basis.
- To identify local vendors and maintain working relationships with them whiles negotiating rates.
- To ensure requisitions are properly approved and maintain follow-up systems on all purchases.
- To verify prices on corporate contract items.
- To follows corporate guidelines on purchasing from corporate suppliers.
- To handle receiving, storage, and distribution of all goods to effectively and efficiently meet hotel and corporate requirements.
- To ensure that purchased items adhere to corporate standards and if not to take corrective action as required.
- To ensure that all goods on invoices are counted or weighed.
- To verify information on dates and prices of goods.
- To maintain all necessary control records and reports.
- To take inventories, ensure stock are up to par and to rotate stocks appropriately in order to minimize breakage.
- To process and file executed requisitions properly.
- To maintain the competitive status and profitability of the purchasing operation by monitoring industry trends and recommending appropriate action to be taken.
- To provide assistance in the calculation of cost of food and other goods and services based on purchase price.
- To secure competitive bids as required and requested.
- To bring needs for repair or maintenance to the attention of the Controller.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a purchasing position preferably in an international five star hotel.
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the hotel industry suppliers and the local market
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Latest Job Posting At Air Liquide
- 2022 Top 10 Online Jobs for Students
- NSMQ 2022 Semifinal Contests
- World Cup: We have a good technical team – Akufo-Addo
How To Apply For Purchasing Coordinator At Kempinski Hotel
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED