The Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana is looking for interested and qualified applicants for the position of a Project officer to help improve the standards and efficiency of work.
Project Officer at Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana: Details
The Project Officer will basicaly work in an office environment with regular travel to communities, however the mission of the organization may sometimes take the person to non-standard workplaces.
Salary: Competitive (Applicants can count on a net compensation greater than GHC 2,000.00 in addition to other bonuses.)
The Project Officer will perform a wide range of duties including the following:
- Provide monitoring oversight to all the project components and consistently work to ensures adequate community involvement in the project
- Conduct training of Health Workers and community members on GTA, Youth Friendly Health Service (YFHS) delivery and other related topics
- Undertake regular community visits and provide ready support to community Ambassadors to realize the objectives of the project
- Oversee data collection and participate in the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using software such as NVIVO/CITAVI, SPSS/STATA, ODK, REDCap etc
- Establish close relations with stakeholders and partners and prepare adequately for external project visits
- Monitor, organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings and community engagements
- Submit district specific reports regularly to the Programme Manager
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings for relevant stakeholders
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for workshops and trainings
- Ensure (together with Programme Manager) that project deadlines are met
- Compile technical reports and document all relevant activities and indices of the project and make relevant suggestions for changes where necessary
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Executive Director or Programme Manager
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of Project Management or Public Health competencies
- Ability to ride a motor bike (YHFG staff are required to hold riding license to be eligible as Project Officers).
- Fluency in, at least, Gurune, Kusaal or Mampruli (experience working in these areas is a plus).
- Lastly, Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. Applicants with background in research software such as Kobo/ODK Collect, STATA, SPSS, NVIVO are preferred.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Population Studies, Social Science, Development Studies or related field is required (Master’s degree is an additional advantage).
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience with an NGO or Research/Academic Institution.
- Familiarity with and/or experience developing research protocols, tools and data collection
- Familiarity with community terrains of the Upper East and North East regions (Talensi, Bawku West and West Mamprusi) is a plus.
How To Apply for the Project Officer at Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana
Send soft copies of your Application Letter and relevant CV (all in one pdf document) to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position “PROJECT OFFICER” as subject.
The Letter should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana
P.O. Box 656
Bolgatanga, Upper East Region
Closing Date: The deadline for the submission of applications is Wednesday 31st August 2022.
However, YHFG will evaluate applications on a rolling basis and may complete the shortlist earlier than the stated deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Other Recommended Opportunities:
- Embassy of Canada Job Opportunities 2023
- UK Embassy Scholarships for 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job Recruitment
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Advertisement
- YEA to recruit 5000 SHS graduates by end of August 2022
About the Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana (YHFG)
The Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana (YHFG) was founded in 2002 with a focus on advancing the course of young people to unearth their potentials and contribute meaningfully to society. As part of our vision to enable self-reliant and self-sufficient youth living in a more equal, healthy, and prosperous society, we are seeking a dynamic, goal-oriented and team player for the role of a Project Officer.
The Project Officer shall report to the Programme Manager and work in a team of other Project Officers to implement the Shifting Gender Norms for Improved Maternal and Adolescent Health (SIMAH) project in the Upper East and North East regions. The three-year implementation research project will adopt Gender Transformative Approaches (GTA) on the delivery of youth-friendly health services at 15 health facilities.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED