The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is the statutory body mandated by the Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929) to regulate and promote the growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected.
It invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: Project Accountant Procurement Support-CMMP
Responsible for financial management and procurement activities of the Secretariat and related projects in support of the objectives of the Capital Market Master Plan (CMMP) and requests made by the Steering Committee of the CMMP.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- In charge of the project’s financial management which comprises: Budgeting, internal control, treasury management- including funds flow and disbursement, accounting and financial reporting.
- Maintain all accounting records and relevant books of account in line with approved accounting standards and in line with the World Bank and or Donor Agencies regulations.
- Prepare and/or update the project financial procedures manual that will ensure compliance with accounting policies and practices.
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) in accordance with acceptable accounting standards and in compliance with applicable development partners (e.g. World Bank, AFDB, etc).
Procurement Support Duties:
- Prepare Procurement work plans in accordance with the World Bank procedures and prepare progress reports for inclusion in the Financial Monitoring Report and Projects Progress report.
- Prepare requests for proposals and tender documents, coordinate tender opening and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation processes, contract award, and execution.
- Prepare and publish procurement notices such as General Procurement Notice, Invitation To Tender, Request for Expression of Interest, and Contract Award notices in accordance with World Bank Guidelines and specific requirements of the Financing Agreement, etc.
Educational Qualification And Experience
- First degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, or related field with a minimum of six (6) years experience.
- Relevant second degree with a minimum of three (3) years experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of mid-level management experience.
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ICAG, ACCA, CPA, CFA holder or equivalent)
- Relevant capital market experience.
- Strong project financial management skills.
- Excellent technical and conceptual knowledge about financial management and grasp of financial principles and practices.
- Proven track record in building relationships working with the public sector, etc.
- Good understanding of the vision, framework, and deliverables of the CMMP.
- Good knowledge in interpreting financial management reports, analysing variations to plans and determining remedial actions required.
- Good knowledge of public sector accounting procedures and operations.
- Good knowledge of international financial and accounting management practices.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
The Contract for this position shall be for an initial period of Thirty- six (36) months
HOW TO APPLY for the Project Accountant Procurement Support-CMMP
Qualified and interested employees should submit a Cover Letter and Detailed Curriculum Vitae including contact telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees.
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED