PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (ASSISTANT REGISTRAR I) AT WAEC. The West African Examinations Council, a non-profit-making organization, with its headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was established in 1952 after the Governments of Ghana (then Gold Coast), Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia enacted the West African Examinations Council Ordinances in 1951.
Liberia became the fifth member of the Council in 1974. The enactment of the Ordinances was based on the Jeffrey Report, which strongly supported the proposal for the setting up of a regional examining board to harmonize and standardize pre-university assessment procedures in British West Africa.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (ASSISTANT REGISTRAR I) AT WAEC.
The West African Examinations Council invites applications from qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (ASSISTANT REGISTRAR I)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Procurement Department:
- Preparing the procurement plan and supervising its implementation;
- Managing the procurement procedure for goods, works and services;
- Participating in preparation of the annual budget;
- Coordinating international transactions, establishing letters of credit, and clear goods from the ports;
- Ensuring the effective management of contracts and asset disposal;
- Undertaking supplier development activities and providing inputs for the formulation of policies and plans of the Council;
- Managing the human and material resources of the department.
- Ensuring that procurement is undertaken within the framework of the law.
Applicants should possess:
- First Degree in Procurement and Supply or Bachelor of Commerce (Minimum, Second Class Lower). Any additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage. The successful applicant must be conversant with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) as amended, 2016 (Act 914);
- A minimum of WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate or their equivalents with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics, at ONE (1) sitting.
- WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate with credits in six subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than TWO (2) sittings.
Applicants must have at least six (6) years relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable institution and must be a certified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or any recognized Professional Procurement body.
- Appreciable level of computer literacy.
- Good human relation skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- High sense of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years old at the time of applying.
HOW TO APPLY (PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (ASSISTANT REGISTRAR I) AT WAEC. )
CLOSING DATE: January 24, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED