Petra Fund Services advertises exciting job opportunity. We wishes to announce a vacant position for Head, Legal and Compliance in the Legal and Compliance Department.
The Head, Legal and Compliance will be responsible for legal, governance and compliance matters within a Group of Companies in the financial sector. He/She will report to Managing Director/Deputy Managing Director/Chairman of the Board.
As Head, Legal and Compliance, He/She will serve as an adviser on a broad range of legal matters, supporting business negotiations with partners around the world, and advising on employment matters, data protection, pensions, securities law and all other areas typical for a Group of Companies within the financial services sector in Ghana. The successful candidate will also support the Companies’ Boards of Directors as needed.
The Head, Legal and Compliance will be responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures and governance protocols.
Essential Functions: Legal & Compliance
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Group’s interests.
- Promote, lead and manage the culture and practice of Compliance within regulatory requirements and ethical standards consistent with supporting the Group’s strategic direction and growth.
- Oversee the implementation of Group Compliance policies and procedures through appropriate training and communication and, where necessary, recommend appropriate Compliance policies and procedures for approval by relevant committees and boards of the Group
- Establish and implement a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of legal and compliance risks.
- Conduct legal research and give accurate and timely counsel to Group executives in a variety of legal topics including but not limited Pensions law, Labor law and Securities law, Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant regulatory and governmental bodies.
- Prepare and review contracts, policies and procedures in consultation with the various departments designed to reduce legal risks.
- Maintain the Company’s contract log to ensure timely renewals and adherence to contract terms.
- Liaise between the Company and its officials including external counsel, auditors, etc.
- Advise on the legal implications of company policies and procedures
- Advise on general business law issues and managing legal issues including procurement, and governance. Conduct legal due diligence and advise on mergers and acquisitions.
Governance and Company Secretary
- Record, prepare and present minutes of Board meetings. Prepare and maintain a board calendar and work plan for each board.
- Conduct yearly board evaluations. Ensure that the boards are in good standing at all times (insurance, licenses, board governance etc.)
- Prepare and circulate board resolutions as and when required
- Coordinate and circulate board papers ahead of board meetings
- Ensure that all board requests are implemented within stipulated timelines
- Ensure that the company is compliant with the Companies Act, 2019, Act 992
- Supervise the compliance and legal staff in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for developing, coaching and managing the various functional teams
- Responsible for providing leadership, direction, performance assessment and motivation of the Legal and Compliance Department.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Qualifying Certificate in Law from the Ghana
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in Compliance Law School
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in working in similar capacity Demonstrated understanding of best practice corporate governance principles
- Knowledge/experience of company law
- Sound knowledge of law and the Ghana legal system
- Excellent reporting, presentation skills
- Computer Proficiency (Ms-Office suites)
- Business Acumen
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior Research Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Teamwork Oriented
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Demonstration of excellent and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mediate and assist achieving consensus
- Flexible and creative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to Prioritize
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS – Petra Fund Services advertises exciting job opportunity
All interested persons with the requisite qualification and skills should submit their application, curriculum vitae and other credentials to the Head, Human Resources through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: November 30, 2021.
Please indicate the position as subject of the mail.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED