Operations Manager needed for employment at GrowthAid.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases.
GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
- Working closely with the Operations Manager and Contractors, the Programme Officer will support the design and implementation of programmes and projects.
- He/ She will work in a team of professionals in the Department and across teams to deliver safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services in our intervention communities.
- He/She will ensure that all works meet the national and organisational specifications and standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Strategy and Vision
- Demonstrate visible leadership and adherence to GrowthAid’s core values, principles and
- Support the Senior Management Team to communicate a clear vision of present and future business and financial plan of GrowthAid to team members and stakeholders that
translates into concrete programme budgets and activities.
- Support in agenda-setting by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to country strategy.
- Participate in overall country level strategic planning and assist the Senior Management
Team in the preparation and implementation of the Country Annual Plans.
- Perform any other official tasks as delegated or determined by the Head of Operations.
- Assist the process of programme design, implementation management of WASH and
Planning and Programming
- Health programmes in collaboration with the Head of Operations and the Operations
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of programme activities, ensuring that all
activities are compliant with the grant requirements.
- Review project reports from partners to ensure quality and compliance with WA donor
- Provide support to partner organisations for regular documentation and sharing of best
practice and field experiences among partners, GrowthAid staff and relevant sector
- Conduct regular support visits to project sites and support partners/contractors with
technical and managerial support they require for an effective project implementation
- Ensure the tracking, monitoring and quality reporting of all activities and infrastructure
- Support preparation of concise & professionally sound donor specific project reports
- Provide leadership for regular documentation and sharing of learning, best practice, and
field experiences among partners, GrowthAid’s staff and relevant sector actor/agencies.
- Prepare & develop material and special reports based on field activities for case studies
and document how they impact on policy.
- Provide technical oversight to the field teams and mentor operations team in the design
of WASH activities, including rehabilitation/renovation of water and sanitation systems,
solid waste management, excreta disposal, hygiene promotion and emergency water
- Support the Operations Manager to create and sustain a work environment of mutual
respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via
regular performance reviews.
- Supervise and orient new team members as necessary.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve
performance and reach objectives.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving noptions and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
- Ensure internal and donor compliance through a strong knowledge of rules applicable to
the Ghanaian context.
- Prepare procurement plans based on project cycle for WASH/NTD and infrastructure
- Manage grant budget lines effectively and ensure all necessary purchase requests are
accurately prepared and submitted on time.
- Ensure compliance and transparent use of resources in accordance with donor and
- Monitor adherence to grant agreements, GrowthAid policies and procedures and relevant
external rules and regulations, including those of the Government of Ghana
- Effectively stay abreast with donor financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensure documentation and filing of project activities in compliance with GrowthAid’s
policies and procedures.
- As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that organisational learning is more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Accountability to Users
- GrowthAid team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability,
transparency, and integrity specifically, our users and to national and international
standards, while actively engaging user communities as equal partners in the design,
monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications (Operations Manager at GrowthAid)
- At least a Masters’ level qualification in Development planning, Civil or
Geological/Environmental Engineering or any a social science.
- At least two years’ post qualification experience in the design and delivery of WASH
- At least two years’ experience in people and team management and working with
- At least two years’ experience of work at the community level.
- Technical knowledge of social norms, behavioral and social change techniques.
- Willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently.
- Proven interpersonal skills, good spoken and written communication skills including ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Good reporting and report writing skills
- Team work and respect for diversity
- Problem solving and result oriented attitude
- Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
- Multitasking and ability to work under pressure
How To Apply (Operations Manager at GrowthAid)
Application letters and other supporting documents should be submitted to: email@example.com
Closing Date: October 31, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED