Everydaynewsgh presents to you the Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancy. We are hiring a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
To provide geotechnical expertise regarding mine design, schedule, and ground support for all planning horizons with the objective of safe stable mining operations.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Evaluate and propose optimum geotechnical engineering solutions for problematic situations which threaten the achievement of planned objectives.
- Assess geotechnical risks and develop mitigation plans.
Conduct analysis of SLS, stope and pillar designs, mining sequencing, ground support design.
- Participate in business improvement opportunities, AFE submissions and LOM plans.
- Establish and implement management tools for the geotechnical process workflow.
- Develop, review, audit, and sign off geotechnical databases and models.
- Prepare monthly geotechnical reports which includes quality of installation and performance of ground support along with technical review of all mine planning horizons.
- Contribute to statutory reporting activities related to ground support.
- Contribute towards budget preparation activities for the geotechnical team which include ground management review of proposed business plan.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety, and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss, and resolve safety issues at regular meetings.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Formal Qualification (including professional registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering.
Prefer knowledge of Mine design software, Dips, Unwedge, Phase2, Map3D programmes.
- Seven (7) years’ working experience in a hard rock underground metalliferous mining environment.
- Experience in supervising a team is preferred.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advance planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and earmuffs.
- Dark environment which requires personal attachment of lit head gear.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with section of uneven terrain.
- Working with corrosive chemicals.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: 21st January, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED