Newmont Mining Corporation Advertises New Vacant Slot. We are hiring an Engineering Manager (Underground) Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
- Establish the project team, including organization, roles and responsibilities, and division of responsibilities (RACI Charts)
- Monitor and report safety and environment standards and directs mitigation strategies supporting a work environment that is protective of human health and the environment in accordance with Newmont standards.
- Direct the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling, and construction activities of a business by coordinating efforts of various internal departments, project development teams and outside consulting resources.
- Oversee development of proposals and cost estimates, estimates business needs including equipment, materials and personnel, schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Review, evaluate and approve contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside contractors; monitors budgets, approves plans and designs and resolve issues as they arise.
- Monitor all work in progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that designs are effective through the entire process, approves changes to designs or schedules, as necessary.
- Provide technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with the design, engineering, and construction of the project. Problems will vary in severity and require an advanced knowledge of project management to ensure adequate resolution.
- Provide technical assistance to operating personnel during start-up phase, including management of personnel. Manage and ensure completion of all Newmont Stage and Gate requirements for stage deliverables, gate peer reviews, application of opportunity and risk assessment practices, and use of Value Improving practices.
- Understand and manage business with risk management mindset to identify and manage risks.
- Provide safety leadership to the project.
- Ensure all project control procedures are in place and are in compliance with corporate policy and standards.
- Review specifications, tender submissions, tender analysis, post tender correspondence and recommendations generated for the project.
- Verify compliance with Newmont’s Policies and Procedures by visitors, consultants, and contractors.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering.
- A proven track record in project execution and solid mine/process operation knowledge and will have demonstrated a commitment to the successful implementation of an investment.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in project engineering management in a mining environment.
- Ability to think strategically, comfortable moving between strategic and tactical is a requirement of the role.
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and direct workgroup by establishing stretch goals for development of staff and promotion of quality study and project management.
- Ability to consult and provide superior customer service to be an effective service provider.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Akyem Underground.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described, are a representation of those that must be met by an employee to efficiently perform in this role.
Closing Date : Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED