There is a New Job Post At TRAFFIC International. TRAFFIC is seeking expertise to assist in the development and delivery of a range of activities in West Africa ECOWAS countries, under USAID funding, together with partners, within the financial sector.
- Encourage and support financial investigations for law enforcement agencies where it relates to Wildlife and Forestry Crime cases. ￼
- Conduct sensitization and awareness program to ensure that partners in project countries are aware of the need for financial investigations in Wildlife and Forestry cases
- Conduct needs assessment within target law enforcement agencies
- Provide training and advice to investigators on appropriate financial strategies to follow in ongoing cases.
- Assist in connecting law enforcement agencies across borders to facilitate completion of key cases being worked on
- Build networks and engage with the local Finance, Transport and any other sector that would be a conduit to IWT / Money Laundering
- Conduct country assessments and consultations with Government law enforcement agencies and WABiLED partners to identify target countries and nominated LE personnel for a phased establishment of TWIX membership across the region.
- Support the design and launch of the Western Africa-TWIX website and provide ongoing website management and IT development support.
- Provide supervision, technical support and training to the WA-TWIX project assistant
- Organize and facilitate registration and training workshops for nominated users of Western Africa-TWIX and provide ongoing technical assistance to the membership base.
- Provide support in connecting law enforcement agencies across borders to facilitate the investigation and conclusion of specific cases of IWT.
HOW TO APPLY (New Job Post At TRAFFIC International)
Interested applicants should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd or 26 January, 2022, depending on the position you are applying for.
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, is the leading non-governmental organization working globally on trade in wild animals and plants in the context of both biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
TRAFFIC has a growing portfolio of work within the financial sector and has invested resources to establish more formal networks of institutions working to raise the profile and attention on illegal wildlife trade within their establishments.
Notably, TRAFFIC is a founding member of the United for Wildlife Financial Taskforce which is a bank-led initiative designed to improve understanding of the issue within financial institutions and assist them in targeting their own resources to detect and report suspicious activity of individuals and companies using their companies.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED