New Job Offer At Bixal
Bixal seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead the four-year activity providing monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to the USAID Ghana Mission.
The COP will provide guidance, leadership, and oversight for a team of monitoring, evaluation, and learning professionals in Ghana.
The COP will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and oversee communications with subcontractors and key stakeholders.
The COP will ensure that project initiatives comply with USAID requirements and achieve expected results. This is a full-time proposal position contingent on contract award.
Technical Oversight (80%)
- Set overall vision and strategy with the team and monitors team performance
- Lead technical initiatives to systematize quality across the organization and supports the adoption of standard approaches
- Represent the company to USAID and serve as primary liaison to the Contracting Officer and contract officer representative on day-to-day activities
- Serves as a thought leader and high-level representative for Bixal to USAID
- Ultimately accountable for the quality of work and responsible for client satisfaction through the achievement of program results in the required timeframe
- Works with team to strategically deploy staff and consultants
- Provides senior level technical and managerial support on projects, such as designing, conducting, or managing evaluations; strategy consulting; learning agenda development training; or other tasks as required
- Assists with ad hoc troubleshooting and problem solving, including delivery of services to the client when required
Is comfortable with monitoring, evaluation, and learning assignments
Budget and Personnel Management (20%)
- Mentors and supports the professional development of all staff and consultants, including identification or development of internal learning opportunities
- Responsible for the budget, ensuring cost effective management, financial projections, and systems to ensure proper use of funds
Required Skills or Experience (New Job Offer At Bixal)
- Master’s degree in relevant field or Ph.D. in the Social Sciences
- 8+ years of experience managing monitoring and evaluation international development projects
- Proficiency with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies and monitoring best practices
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse (and at times, remote) staff
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, strategic planning, project design and implementation, evaluation, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis
- Experience working in Ghana
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects, particularly within the USAID/Ghana Mission
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team with a high degree of sensitivity and cultural competence
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation abilities
- Fluency in other languages applicable to the region strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recognized senior level expert in the monitoring, evaluation and learning sector with strong management and people skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills blended with expert writing and verbal communication skills
- Solution oriented and eager to promote a collaborative working environment and relationship among subcontractors and other key stakeholders
- Loves to learn and willing to experiment with new technology and new ways of working
- Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as health, governance/security, humanitarian response, environment, etc.) a strong plus
- Experience with financial management and managing contracts
- Conference presentation and/or publication record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party on USAID contracts
- Perform other duties as required
APPLICATION PROCESS (New Job Offer At Bixal)
Closing Date: 21st November, 2021.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED