There is a job vacancy for the position of a Multi-Country Project Manager At SNV.
The Multi-Country Project Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of the TLI project in SNV led project countries namely Ghana, Ethiopia and Mozambique. The position holder will report to the SNV Ghana Country Director.
She/he will provide senior-level technical leadership, strategic planning; as Partner Lead, manage, monitor and report on the activities for which SNV is responsible for; offer country and region-specific strategic direction, and support SNV’s Global Lead to represent the project regionally and globally; working closely with the consortium lead (CIFOR) and component teams to collaboratively design, regularly review and adapt as necessary the project’s overarching implementation, visibility and engagement strategies and approaches. The Project Manager works in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, to achieve high quality and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project. He/she shall ensure that the project objectives and results are achieved with quality and to the expectation of the donor.
He/she will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project, including and among others, ensuring the timely and successful implementation of SNV’s work, oversight and reporting of activities, and project deliverables.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of all project component activities across each country in collaboration with Country Leads;
- Support the review and validation of project ToC within project country context;
- Support the design of the various project component activities across SNV led project countries, with support from relevant thematic experts who will provide technical support in specific activity areas or country operations;
- Support the development of internal and external tools, guidelines, frameworks and/or visibility actions;
- Ensure that project outputs and targets are met as per the project logical framework; those activities are carried out as planned, within budget and time schedule and, monitoring and evaluation functions are carried out as per project requirements;
- Facilitate meetings to discuss progress, soliciting inputs from Country Leads as needed; and lead the design and evaluation work plans;
- Works in line with SNV standards, agreed consortium approach to project management and donor regulations, to achieve high quality results and deliverables of the project;
- Ensure timely reporting of finances and progress at the partner-level to CIFOR Project Management and Coordination Unit and project steering committee as appropriate;
- Monitor and respond to new opportunities for country and regional impact;
- Establish linkage with relevant stakeholder institution and facilitate discussions with key members of the stakeholder institutions at country and regional;
- Support country leads in internal and external engagements and networking with partners and policy processes;
- Represent SNV in high-level meetings and policy dialogues at country, regional and global levels where appropriate
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The Program Manager is expected to have a minimum of a Master’s degree in any of the Social Sciences, Development Policy and Planning or Land Governance and Policy, with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the land and natural resource sector and/or in development practice.
- The manager should have experience in development practice in the African context and able to engage with policy actors as well as local level actors on large scale land based issues.
- Be well informed about Ghana’s land sector and issues related to land-based investments in Ghana and regional level initiatives.
- Must be well informed on past, present, and on-going initiatives in the land sector and in mitigating negative impacts of land-based investments both in country and regional level.
- Must possess the technical skills for analyzing and interpreting land policy and legislative documents and able to make a connection to these and the project activities.
- Must have skills in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
- Should be a good process facilitator.
- Must be familiar with the international principles and best practices with respect to land-based investments.
- Should have demonstrable experience in managing related land projects with the ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder discussions
Contract Type: Employment Contract
Contract Duration: Two (2) years full-time employment contract, with possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY (Multi-Country Project Manager At SNV)
Closing Date: not later than 5:00pm, January 14, 2022.
Expected Start Date: 1 February, 2022.
- Only those applicants whose work experience and qualification meet the mandatory requisites will be considered for the position.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED