Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Tree AID. TREE AID is an international development organization formed in 1987 in the UK and it is working in the drylands of Africa, supporting the rural poor to escape from climate variabilities and protect the environment. TREE AID has operations in Ghana, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, and now Senegal. The head office of TREE AID is located in Bristol UK and the West Africa office is located in Burkina Faso. In Ghana, TREE AID is working more in the five (5) regions of northern Ghana.
- Job: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Ghana Program)
- Location: Tamale, Northern Region with extensive traveling in the field.
• Closely work with the Country Program Manager to support project leaders in the design and implementation of M&E plans and tools, conducting effective and efficient data collection, and monitoring projects’ achievements in a timely and cost-effective manner. Report directly to the Country Program Manager.
Objectives of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Tree AID
• Implement a participatory monitoring-evaluation system.
• Plan, and schedule, all data collection activities in Ghana programme.
• Train and support project and technical staff in monitoring and experience sharing;
• Reality check data analysis and results.
• Support project managers in the compilation of internal and external reports, including KPIs and log frame indicators.
• Organise joint monitoring field missions and keep up to date with activity planning according to the design of the project and in line with the entire Country’s program strategy;
• Carry out necessary research studies to support Tree Aid programme improvement and advocacy needs
LINE MANAGER Country Programme Manager, Ghana
1. Implement a participatory monitoring-evaluation system and train technical support staff in monitoring and experience sharing
• Support in the development of relevant project monitoring tools
• Ensure implementation project monitoring tools through training for Tree Aid and partner staff in their use
• Work with communities to ensure that regular monitoring is carried out locally, where necessary
• Undertake data management and analysis
• Undertaking regular project monitoring and reviews to ensure project success; including of projects that have finished, but require ongoing data collection
• Documentation, and analysis of learning
• Knowledge: prepare analytical monthly, quarterly, and donor reports, documenting both qualitative and quantitative data
• Assist teams in planning, coordinating, implementing baselines, and assessments and in the identification of the Extremely Vulnerable in line with the evolving / pre-defined criteria
2. Organise joint monitoring field missions and keep up to date with activity planning according to the Annual Work Plans.
• Assist the project team to supervise project delivery and evaluate performance;
• Assist in the preparation of technical coordination meetings;
• Support the Country Manager to supervise field missions, monitoring and control of the stakeholders involved in project delivery
• Engage key players and beneficiaries from project operation regions, and ensure their participation in project monitoring and evaluation
• Facilitate internal monitoring-evaluation meetings and arrange feedback/distribute information to beneficiaries and partners;
• Participate in the various internal consultation frameworks (technical meetings, project monitoring committee forums, etc);
• Support the project officers in their preparation of the annual work plan (AWP) and the annual project activity report
3. Support in Projects Coordination and management
• Liaise with line manager to Coordinate periodic monthly reviews, reflections, and planning meetings with project officers
• Provide technical training on M&E tools and approaches to staff
• Provide support to the Country Manager to develop new projects
• Intensify the capture of stakeholder feedback on the projects/ program delivery.
• Organise the production of an M&E manual and work with the project manager to apply M&E principles
• Take minutes at meetings and ensure accurate records
• Document programme or project processes and impacts
4. Carry out necessary research studies to support Tree Aid programme improvement and advocacy needs
• Support Tree Aid Ghana and Tree Aid UK with specific research studies that may be required either directly or through recruitment of suitably-skilled consultants.
5. Other duties
• Contribute to TREE AID strategic/annual work plan;
• Complete other related duties, at the discretion of your line manager;
Key performance areas
• Implementing effective mechanisms and procedures that support development across the entire TREE AID program, incorporate best practices from the project M&E manual;
• Ensuring fair representation in all debates and dialogues concerning TREE AID Program in Ghana and the valuation of program themes
and promoting the voices of people experiencing poverty and other marginalized groups;
• Maintaining good communication and networking relationships with all staff based in the UK and West Africa as well as with TREE AID partners and other TREE AID contacts;
• Country program Manager, Ghana
• Head of Programmes, West Africa
• Director of Operations (West Africa Operations)
• MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) Advisor, UK
Required skills and experience
• First degree in Rural Development, Rural sociology, Agriculture and forestry or related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience of M&E in development projects
• Experience designing tools and strategies for data collection, data processing, analysis, performance monitoring and the production of impact reports/periodic activity reports
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Cultural competence and the ability to work well in an international environment, with people of all cultures and outlooks;
• Ability ride a motorbike with authorised license,
• Ability to generate and manage ODK questionnaires; Ability to merge and analyse data from ODK forms, and present it in a variety of formats;
• Excellent writing skills and adaptable style. Ability to write essays, TOR, guides, summary sheets and experience capitalisation reports for planning, monitoring and evaluation; Sound knowledge of software, computational tools, computer programming; electronic communication systems, data processing systems and M&E; Aptitude for communication and the facilitation of training workshops, study seminars, and other meetings;
• Keen ability to analyse and synthesise information; Knowledge of French is advantageous
• Expertise in GIS (Geographical Information Systems);
• Results-driven approach, ability to work well under pressure;
• Sociable, polite, good rapport, team building with professionalism. Ability to meet deadlines, results oriented and trustworthy.
Location: Tamale, Northern Region
How To Apply For The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Tree AID
Qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to the address:
Closing Date: 31 July, 2022
Females are encouraged to apply
- Massive Job Recruitment At Al Jazeera English Channel
- Latest Job Vacancy At Energy Ghana
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunities
- Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Latest Job Recruitment
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED