Kempinski Hotel Advertises New Vacant Role. Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
IT Systems Administrator
The incumbent in this position is responsible for handling the running of day to day challenges in the scope of IT in the Hotel as per set standards, policies and procedures, ensure all IT Systems are running smoothly in the hotel and the IT function is acting in a proactive manner rather than reactive, IT is driving efficiencies in the use of applications enabling the other departments to successfully complete their tasks, all Corporate IT related policies and procedures have been implemented and a successful self-audit has been carried out, all Kempinski standards related to guest facing technology are implemented to an acceptable level, and the IT Manager is fully supported in his role.
- Solve technical and operational challenges in the scope of IT reported by users.
- Follow Kempinski code of practice as related to security and operation of computer systems with a thorough knowledge of standards of operating procedures.
- In cooperation with the IT Manager, suggests on the existing and future systems being developed or implemented.
- To assist the IT Manager in all stages of the day to day operation of the Hotel.
- To support computers in hardware and software malfunction in coordination with all the departments.
- To manage and prioritize any IT problems, impacting either revenue and/or the guest for quick resolution and pro-actively seek for preventative maintenance.
- Follow up on and maintain knowledge of new systems that can help in streamlining the processes in the hotel.
- Maintain complete record of the systems related inventory.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications (Kempinski Hotel Advertises New Vacant Role)
- High School Graduate or equivalent, Diploma/Degree in Computer Networking
- Preferably, combination of a company position involved with Hotel systems configuration and administration and working knowledge in service industry operations.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in a similar size 5 star property in a similar capacity is preferred.
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- Team player
- Problem Solving
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training: Windows XP, Windows 7/8 , Windows 2003/2008, Micros-Fidelio Property Management System, Micros Point of Sales , Email systems, Google Apps for Business preferred, Other hotel applications
- Network skills
- Operating Systems skills
- General Hardware skills
- Web basics
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Guest Facing Technologies
- Telephony and Communication solutions
- Facilities and Guest Service solutions
- HSIA solutions
- Cloud technologies
- Mobile and smart-device usage and management
- Security and PCI compliance understanding
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Self confidence and conviction
- Integrity & trustworthiness
- Self development
HOW TO APPLY (Kempinski Hotel Advertises New Vacant Role)
Closing Date : Ongoing
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED