Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks an experienced Warehouse and Transport Officer for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Ghana. He/She will support the management of procurement for all commodities and services required for MOH/GFLS Project operations in Ghana.
The Project coordinates and implements regional level logistics activities, including supporting inventory management of logistics data to inform central and regional level decision-making; provide targeted supportive supervision to lower-level health facilities; support Regional Medical Stores (RMS) in implementing or standardizing last mile distribution (LMD); and support implementation of LMIS.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Warehouse & Transport Manager with warehousing activities, including strategic guidance and capacity-building at the Central Medical Store and other partners in the supply chain.
• Support the implementation of warehouse activities as outlined in the National Supply Chain Master Plan.
• Support the distribution of health commodities from the central to regional level and to the last mile.
• Prepare weekly and monthly warehouse activity reports including timely stock status reports, identifying successes and challenges requiring management support for resolution.
• Support the use of digital warehouse management systems, including implementation at the central-level warehouse.
• Promote collaboration with private sector warehousing operators and assess opportunities to outsource components of warehousing functions.
• Manage activities, deliverables and invoices of the 3PLs ensuring that all are against approved work orders and that only completed and reconciled activities are invoiced.
• Facilitate timely payment for 3PL services with the finance team or home office as appropriate.
• Ensure that contractual requirements for both provision of security and insurance of all commodities at both the warehouses and during distribution to all health facilities are met.
• Perform periodic on-site inspections of 3PL facilities and activities to ensure compliance with contract terms.
• Contribute to ad hoc information requests and regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting on supply chain activities in Ghana.
• Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in warehouse management or related field; USAID experience preferred.
• Proven experience in advising public sector warehousing operations preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Willingness to travel throughout the regions of Ghana.
• Fluency in English required.
Level of Effort and Location: This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 25 June, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED