There is a Job Posting At Newmont Mining Corporation. The company is looking for a Senior Security Supervisor – Process Plant.
About This Role At Newmont Mining Corporation:
- To manage the day-to-day site security function and activities for the high security processing plant. This includes but not limited to the delivery of professional level assistance with development, and management of security in the processing plant, the Critical Production Area (Gold Room) as well as security around the production of gold.
- Develop and manage security measures in the protection of company personnel, contractors, visitors, assets, processes, properties and products.
Recommended: Fresh Job Vacancies At World Vision
Plant Security Management
- Daily management of all security operations in the processing plant’s Critical Production Area (CPA) particularly the Gold Room.
- Provide operational advice on all Process Plant security issues.
- Troubleshoot Process Plant security issues, identify threats, vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies and recommendations to mitigate the identified risks.
- Develop Process Plant Security operational recommendations, analyzing requirements and develop solutions.
- Supervise the clean and orderly appearance of guards and the cleanliness and maintenance of security offices, Guard posts and the immediate area surrounding these buildings.
- Conduct security assessments for Ahafo process plant.
- Identify criminality in the process plant and implement intelligence network to thwart efforts.
- Identify and raise shortcomings and develop potential solutions for site inspections.
- Coordinate security solutions with fellow Newmont security supervisors and update the site Threat Risk Assessments.
- Keep abreast with best practices and emerging security technologies.
- Supervise the storage and accounting of Newmont’s equipment issued to security personnel (inventory management).
- Periodically inspect electronic security devices and systems, including the Security Control System (SCC) with contracted security force supervisor in attendance. The purpose of these inspections is to detect deficiencies and recommend corrective measures to the Site Security Manager.
- Conduct investigations on incidents that occur on the property, in conjunction with security investigators and, where necessary, law enforcement officials.
- Keep the Site Security Manager apprised of findings.
- Instruct security officers as to the appropriate response to incidents or unusual events.
- Communicate security problems or unusual events to Site Security Manager.
Plant Security Projects
- Manage all plant security related projects.
- Understand and assess plant security requirements for mining projects and developments.
- Review and recommend improvements for gold room security operations.
- Develop resource and security requirements for mining plant projects and developments.
- Prepare weekly project progress report and project administration, and project tracking.
- Hold weekly project meetings and brief Site Security Manager.
- Support commissioning of new electronic security equipment and systems.
- Provide advice and input on security requirements for shutdowns.
- Undertake to implement security measures in the gold room to protect gold production.
- Ensure personnel are trained in compliance with the Voluntary Principles of Security and Human Rights (“the VPs”).
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A minimum of first degree Honors in Security related field.
- Professional Diploma in Security.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)/Certified Security Management Profession (CSMP) is preferable.
- Any other recognized professional security course.
- Knowledge of gold plant security preferrable.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic security systems is recommended.
- Advance written and spoken English language essential.
- Working knowledge of Ghana Criminal and Mine related Laws essential.
- Knowledge and experience within the security industry is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant security experience.
- Experience in public security services is preferable.
- Sound supervisory and management experience.
- Must have a sound administrative background and functioning knowledge of procurement, budgeting and reporting.
- Knowledge in office accounting preferrable.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Sound Personal Computer (PC) Skills, including MS Office, Word Excel, Power Point and outlook applications.
- Ability to deliver written reports with applicable statistics.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of internal administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Contract management experience.
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Exciting Job Vacancy At Yango
- Lima Partners Latest Job Advertisement
- Remote Job Available At getINNOtized
- Full-time Job Opportunity At Strategic Security Systems
How To Apply For The Job Posting At Newmont Mining Corporation
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED