There is a Job Post At International Water Management Institute (IWMI). The company is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join IWMI’s West Africa Office in Accra, Ghana as a Junior Research Officer.
As a Junior Research Officer, the position holder will assist in the organization and implementation of field activities (such as data collection, community mobilization, grassroots stakeholder consultation and surveys) in Ghana.
Recommended: Fresh Job Opening At AGRA
Northern Ghana serves as the agricultural production hub of the country, and unlike the south where two rainfall patterns are experienced; the north has only one rainy season within which farmers maximize production before the dry season sets in.
- Participate in, and support, the experimental design of the field activities
- Conduct field trials on dry season vegetable production using solar powered irrigation technologies and oversee irrigation demonstration fields
- Participate in liaison activities with relevant partner organizations in the field
- Provide technical services, and ensure that data and outcomes a re recorded effectively and accurately
- Provide support to the management of data and outcomes (database setup/management)
- Participate in data collection and the analysis of results, preparation of reports, and in the publication of research results in diverse media
- Facilitate relevant actors and stakeholders, and the grassroots-scaling ecosystem to implement value chain-based pathways for the scaling of irrigation and water management solutions.
- Facilitate the interaction and engagement of stakeholders and actors and the MSD and grassroots scaling ecosystem across levels and scales
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by project leaders.
Minimum Educational Qualifications And Experience:
- Bachelor of Sciences in agriculture or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in conducting field activities in Ghana
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English and local Ghanaian language;
- The ability/willingness to spend long periods of time working in the field;
- The ability to function effectively and reliably in carrying out duties, and to take initiative in the absence of a readily accessible supervisor;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed personal organization and priority setting skills;
- The capacity to deliver and receive analytical criticism constructively, and provide effective feedback;
- An effective and transparent approach to sharing information;
- The capacity for working harmoniously in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams, and the ability to interact effectively with officials of other agencies; and
- Good presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively with small groups as well as individuals
- ECOWAS Bank For Investment And Development Vacancy
- Fresh Job Opening At AGRA
- 2023 Visa Sponsorship Jobs In Japan
- Tema To Experience Total Darkness Over Chief’s funeral
How To Apply For The Job Post At International Water Management Institute
Closing Date: November 8, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED