Jumia Announces latest Job Advertisement for interested Persons to apply.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa . It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and Jumia Pay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey.
Job: Category Analyst
- The Category Analyst is the owner of the P&L of his managed categories.
- As part of their job, the Category Analyst will have to show a great expertise of their categories with a great knowledge of the dynamics of the market.
- The Category Analyst will be interacting mostly with Account Managers at Jumia.
- They are responsible for defining the assortment strategy, ensuring that key products are always available with the best market prices.
- The Category Analyst will be working on identifying consumer insights in order to unlock growth.
- They will be responsible for defining and steering the promotional campaign covering their categories.
- Based on their expertise, the Category Analyst will also be the owner of allocating of the key sellers that are leading their category.
- Steer the full P&L of the category
- Define assortment strategy
- Ensuring 100% availability of key products
- Develop deep consumer insights on the category through consumer focus groups
- Identifies key pain points and frictions from consumers and defines plans to eliminate them
- Knows all key players in this category and market share structure at region level
- Plan category related promotional events
- Revamp the ecosystem of tools and reports for account managers
- Helps steering the performance of key JBP
- Input specific Sales Force battles to the team
- Category NMV vs BP (or orders depending AIV)
- JBP performance vs target
Requirements & Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in a top-tier consulting firm, e-commerce company or investment bank.
- Ecommerce driven
- Very structured, analytical and organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment in managing multiple tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills: able to find simple solutions to complex problems to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to convince and drive local teams.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Resistant to stress: strong ability to work under pressure to deliver results in short deadlines Autonomous
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
Method Of Application (Job Advertisement at Jumia)
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED