IOM Broadcasts New Job Vacancy
IOM seeks to engage the services of a Movement Operations Manager in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana.
Under the direct supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM), and the technical supervision of the Head of Regional Resettlement and Movements (AFRICA), the Movement Operations Manager, (Ghana) is responsible for supervising all movement operations activities in Central and West Africa, with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee up to seven teams of staff members who are undertaking movement operations activities in Accra, including activities related to field support, movements, data processing and compliance.
- Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis throughout Central and West Africa to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of activities.
- In locations throughout the region where there is no Movement Operations Officer or Manager, serve as technical supervisor for movement operations staff members.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of airport services for arriving and departing individuals in Accra including in relation to documentation, luggage, escorts and special services.
- Ensure staff deliver the highest quality service, interact appropriately with airport and government officials and handle urgent issues as they occur.
- Monitor the work schedule, validate hours and process relevant financial paperwork in coordination with the IOM finance department.
- Oversee staff as they assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities.
- Monitor the weekly shift schedule, ensuring coverage is adequate to maintain a professional, safe, secure and clean environment; address issues as they arise and continually seek ways in which IOM can improve services.
- For third party facilities, regularly conduct checks to ensure accommodation is up to IOM standards.
- Manage assets and inventories, process financial paperwork, supervise quality control of vendors, and manage the transit center vehicles and related schedules, staff and paperwork, if relevant.
- Ensure selection mission support, exit permit support, interpretation services and pre-departure counselling are coordinated for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water, according to the highest ethical standards and guidelines established by IOM.
- Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities and address special needs, such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions.
- Handle financial paperwork related to selection mission, exit permit or interpretation services as needed.
- Oversee the completion of all bookings in Central and West Africa under the purview of IOMAccra by Movements staff members in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT). Ensure compliance with program-specific SOPs and supervise the distribution of travel information to stakeholders.
- Oversee the creation of movement data files and oversee Movements staff members as they compile and analyze descriptive statistics.
- Certify and handle the processing of vendor-incurred costs.
- Ensure Data Processing staff members are undertaking secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines, that they are taking all necessary measures to guarantee limited access to physical files, and that they are dispatching travel documents and coordinating exit permits in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation of regular data mining reports on MiMOSA; advise management on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance activities related to project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and protection are being carried out efficiently and effectively by the Operations Specialist, Compliance and that they are reporting regularly on the work being accomplished, particularly in relation to training of Movement Operations staff members and youth service activities at IOM transit centers.
- Liaise with airlines on a regular basis to represent the best interest of beneficiaries and clients for competitive fares with the most direct routing.
- Liaise with other teams and units in Central and West Africa and with external partners such as government authorities, relevant embassies and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- As needed, represent IOM at partner meetings and conferences.
- Supervise the handling of at-risk and sensitive cases in accordance with IOM’s policies, procedure and guidance in the Movement Management Manual (MMM), including assistance for unaccompanied refugee minors (URMs).
- Ensure IOM is adequately training staff members on working with at-risk and sensitive cases and is mainstreaming prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) through the awareness and training sessions for staff and service-providers.
- Supervise quality assurance procedures, ensuring checks are being regularly undertaken by staff members and incident reports are being submitted to and responded to in an efficient manner.
- Prepare statistics and report regularly to the CoM on relevant activities.
- Work to streamline how reports are prepared and presented in order to improve services and ensure data on all procedures is compiled, summarized and presented in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules.
- Alert CoM or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience
- University degree in a relevant field of study with seven years of relevant professional experience.
Experience (IOM Broadcasts New Job Vacancy)
- Prior Movement Operations experience, especially in IOM, is highly preferred;
- Transportation-related and/or management experience is a strong advantage
- Experience in the region is an advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM’s Movement Operations program implementation and administrative, financial and business rules and practices is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team
- Demonstrated proficiency with IGator, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- NB: External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Notes Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Required Competencies (IOM Broadcasts New Job Vacancy)
- Values all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values: Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency:
- Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Behavioral indicators level 2 Teamwork:
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication
- Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies behavioral indicators level 2 Leadership:
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision
- Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
Empowering others & building trust:
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision:
- Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
APPLICATION PROCESS (IOM Broadcasts New Job Vacancy)
CLOSING DATE: November 3, 2021 at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date.
No late applications will be accepted. How to apply
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED