International Finance Corporation Employment Opportunity
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In the fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG), one of IFC’s industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial sub-sectors, partners with local financial institutions, develops domestic and regional equity and debt markets and introduces new financing instruments. The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
FIG is recruiting an Investment Officer to join the Investment Team, which originates, manages, and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments across Africa.
The Investment Officer will report either to the FIG Regional Industry Manager covering West and Central Africa (WCA) or to the Portfolio Manager covering West, Central, and Southern Africa.
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties and Accountabilities (International Finance Corporation Employment Opportunity)
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Provide key support, and in some cases lead in identification, appraisal, structuring, and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities, and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Work closely with Fintech and Disruptive Technology teams to support the development of strategic partnerships with FinTech companies and expand IFC’s FIG services to include innovative digital technologies.
- Handle disbursements, waivers, and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/execute the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision, and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs, and project profiles.
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
- Actively keep abreast of regional and industry developments and incorporate trends into the processing or supervision of projects.
Selection Criteria (International Finance Corporation)
- Master’s degree and 7-9 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment-related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring, and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Solid understanding of the FinTech space, including the ability to develop strategic partnerships with FinTech companies.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS (International Finance Corporation Employment Opportunity)
Closing Date: November 23, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED