Here is the International Cocoa Initiative New Vacant Post. ICI is seeking to recruit a Communications Officer for its Ghana Office.
We are looking for a Communications Officer to join our Communications team, based in ICI’s Ghana office in Accra. The Communications Officer will develop content for the organization’s website and social media channels, will maintain and develop strong relationships with national media, will engage with a wide network of national partners and stakeholders, in order tsupport ICI tell its story in a compelling and inspirational way and drive the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
- Developing content for the ICI website and social media channels. This includes:
Working with ICI’s project teams tidentify interesting projects, stories and events, organizing field visits to meet and interview members of cocoa-growing communities and producing articles, videos and social media content that bring our work in Ghana’s cocoa-growing communities ta wider audience, and
- Producing articles, videos and social media content that communicate our research and activities tkey stakeholders.
- Strengthen relations with national media. This includes:
Building and strengthening a network of trusted media contacts,
- Proactively targeting trusted contacts with relevant ICI news,
Coordinating responses tmedia requests,
- Providing support tGhana based staff on dealing with media, and
Organizing trips for target media.
- Supporting the Country Director with participation in events including speech writing and presentation development
- Support the implementation of the organization’s visual brand guidelines and the overall respect of the visual identity
- Building partnerships with key national stakeholders including relevant government departments through the organization of events, communication campaigns and meetings.
- Reporting to the Country Director (based in Accra, Ghana) and the Communications Director (based in Geneva, Switzerland), you will work closely with the communications staff based in Côte d’Ivoire and Switzerland, in addition to staff in other departments across all locations.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of experience in non-profit communications, corporate communications or journalism
- University degree or equivalent in communications or another relevant field
- Experience in non-profit outreach and advocacy
- Ability to turn technical information into compelling stories, with outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong content strategy and content development skills
Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong IT skills including video/photo editing software, graphic design software and web content management systems
- A commitment to continuous learning with good knowledge of new developments in the communications field and a willingness to learn from others and constantly improve
Curiosity and passion for communications and improving the life of children and their families in cocoa-growing communities
- Knowledge of French would be beneficial
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the International Cocoa Initiative New Vacant Post, Please send your updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate “Communication Officer” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 31st January, 2022.
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED