There is a job vacancy for the position of Infrastructure Specialist At MLGDRD.
Scope of Assignments and Key Responsibilities
The infrastructure Specialist’s main responsibility is to provide direct leadership in terms of technical/engineering support to the Zonal Coordinating offices (ZCOs), satellite offices (SOs) and MMDAs in the execution of the various community assets. Activities to be performed by the infrastructure Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
See Also: New Job Posting At Guinness Ghana
- Provide guidance and advice to the Project Coordinator, Zonal and Satellite Staff on all technical issues and aspects of the sub-project cycle, including engineering, community infrastructure development, sub-project cost estimates), procurement plans, compliance with environmental and social safeguard standards, climate resilience and climate proofing of designs, sub-project implementation (including labour-based approach in delivering community infrastructure), sub-project closure (including final inspection) and operations and maintenance
- Provide technical support in the development of the annual work plans and budgets for sub-projects from District Medium term development plan and other relevant project activities and co-ordinate the collation and harmonisation of such, from the zones into a national plan for project financing
- Provide guidelines for the identification, appraisal, selection and design of suitable sub-projects to ensure a good synergy between functionality and required unskilled labour content
- Review sub-project designs and implementation activities to ensure they are within budget
- Lead in undertaking work studies to establish and review task rates for sub-projects implementation
- Ensure adequate supervision and effective site management arrangement on all sub-project sites and ensure the delivery of quality assets / infrastructure under the components of the project and ensure overall labour content is attained as prescribed in the project’s implementation manual and all other legal documents
- Serve as a technical liaison with all stakeholder departments/organisations such as department of Feeder Roads (DFR), Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA), Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Forestry Services Division (FSD), relevant Tertiary and research institution, etc.
- Assist in the assessment of training needs and requirements, as well as the training of key actors and consistent with project objectives, for construction/consulting firms and NGOs as well as technical staff of collaborating agencies and ensure adequate institutional capacity for the delivery of sub-projects
- Establish procedures for acheiving set targets and ensure compliance with codes of conduct and standards in all technical transactions
- Develop simple reporting formats/templates to be used to collect data by the ZCOs, SOs, DAs, Site Supervisors and community Actors, compatible with the Project M&E/MIS
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by the MLGDRD/Project Coordinator.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s qualification in Civil Engineering or related engineering programme
- 15 years relevant professional experience in infrastructure Development. Have at least 8 years experience in the project/contract management.
- Must be a member of standing (not less than 3 years) with the Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE) or relevant Engineering
- 5 years professional experience on a project funded by the world bank or an agency of the United Nations system or other donors of same size. Have proven knowledge of the use of Labour intensive or labour-based methods for construction
- Proven knowledge of procurement and contract management practices
- Excellent digital skills, including the use of software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) for design, communication, project management and analysis
- Full proficiency in the English language (proficiency in french is an advantage)
- Sunda International Opens For Job Applications
- New Job Advertisement At Olam International
- Know the 16 Contestants of Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2022 (GMB 2022)
How To Apply For Infrastructure Specialist At MLGDRD
Interested consultants must submit an expression of interest (EoI) indicating their qualifications and relevant experience to perform the assignment, coupled with their curriculum vitae.
The selection will be carried out through open competition among shortlisted individual consultants. Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below:
Five (5) hard copies of the EoI must be delivered to the address below (2), in separate sealed envelopes clearly marked for each of the position:
Address For Submission:
The Chief Director
Ministry of Local Government,
Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGDRD)
Digital Address System: GA-110-9895
Address for clarifications:
The Procurement Unit
Ministry of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGDRD)
First Floor, Room 23
P.O.Box M 50 Ministries, Accra-Ghana
Tel: 00233-21-663668 / Fax 00233-21-682003
Digital Address System: GA-110-9895
Closing Date: 05 August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED