There is a job vacancy IMBC Project Officer At Catholic Relief Services. Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peacebuilding, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance, and Education programs.
- Reports To: Project Manager (SCORE ECD III)
- Country/Location: Tamale, Norther Region/Ghana
As an Integrated Mothers and Babies Course (iMBC) Project Officer in the SCORE ECD III (Strengthening Capacity of Women Religious in Early Childhood Development) project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on iMBC/ECD activities related to the SCORE III project.
You are also expected to provide technical guidance and advice to staff, implementing partner(s), and community stakeholders. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the activities for which you are responsible apply best practices and constantly work toward improving the impact of project benefits.
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
- Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, or any other relevant professional background in Maternal and Child Health
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of MCH programming and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement
- Work experience in and ability to relate with rural populations especially women
- Clear understanding of gender dynamics and mainstreaming
- Ability to effectively communicate with beneficiaries, partners, and project staff
- Ability to develop project communication materials (presentations, reports, success stories, and BCC materials relevant to iMBC)
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Possession of License to ride a motorcycle
- Knowledge of local language would be preferable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required Language: Fluency and proficiency in the English language is preferred
Travel Required: Must be willing and able to travel up to 75%.
HOW TO APPLY (IMBC Project Officer At Catholic Relief Services)
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED