Human Resources Manager At Design & Technology Institute.
The Design & Technology Institute (DTI) is a hub for engineering and design practice at Accents & Art Limited (AAL). Formally launched in March 2016, the Institute seeks to provide the platform for students from the various universities, polytechnics, technical and vocational institutions gain industry experience by working closely with artisans on a factory floor and supported by experienced instructors. Students are further exposed to field/site visits to enable them experience first-hand what transpires in industry. Visit https://dtiafrica.com/ to learn more about DTI
This is to help bridge the gap between the school curriculum and world of work. The Institute explores ideas and challenges perceived as boundaries between academic disciplines.
Human Resources Manager At Design & Technology Institute – JOB PURPOSE:
To provide coordination and leadership for the Administration, and Human Resources Management functions of the Institute.
- Provide leadership and coordination in the preparation of the Administration budget and manage the budget within the approved limits.
- Ensure the availability of all the logistics required for running the Institute.
- Create a safe and conducive environment for teaching and learning.
- Set objectives for direct reports and monitor and evaluate their performance periodically.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs such as:
- Gender programming
- Community project
- School to work transitions
- Workplace experience
- Ensure the efficient running of all Units under jurisdiction namely:
- Lead in the manpower planning process for the Institute.
- Advise the Director of Institute on all HR related matters.
- Initiate the development of HR initiatives that enhance staff morale and productivity.
- Ensure that Job Descriptions are prepared for all the positions in the organization.
- Advertise vacant positions and facilitate the recruitment of suitable candidates.
- Develop and maintain the Institute’s human resources policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the policies.
- Build a culture of discipline and execution through the role out of the HR policies
- Undertake salary surveys to ensure that the Institute’s compensation and benefits remain competitive.
- Coordinate the annual performance management process for staff and faculty.
- Facilitate the identification of administrative staff and faculty training needs in conjunction with Department heads.
- Plan and lead professional development activities for staff and faculty. .
- Ensure the health and safety of students, staff and faculty.
- Ensure that the appropriate grievance handling and disciplinary procedures are in place.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that all frequently used items are well stocked throughout the year.
- Put in place systems and structures to minimize pilferage and loss at the stores.
- Maintain inventory of all vehicles of the Institute
- Monitor and review all logging activities on the Institute’s vehicles
- Ensure that all Company vehicles are in good shape and go for regular maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration with HR, a Masters would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience in similar role with at least three years (3) in a management role.
How To Apply for the Human Resources Manager At Design & Technology Institute
Please send your Applications and CV’s to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 7th January 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED