Housemaster/mistress Needed At A Reputable School. An educational institution located at Accra wishes to employ a Housemaster/mistress.
The House Master/Mistress is responsible to the Director of Boarding for the overall leadership and smooth running of the House, the supervision and guidance of staff, and, above all, the safety and welfare of the students.
The role involves working closely with other members of teaching staff across the school, as well as administrative staff and the wider community of auxiliary staff that helps with the establishment of a fair, productive and happy, social, and working boarding environment.
Ensuring that proactive measures, where possible, are taken to avoid any contravention of the rules is an essential element of the role.
The House Master/Mistress has to ensure that all students have completed an induction process and that the daily routine is understood and adhered to. Additionally, that the students understand where they should be and why that they are organized and prepared for their lesson or activity and that supervision of students is appropriate at all times when they are in the House as well as off-site during trips and excursions.
House Rewards and Sanctions
The House Master/Mistress has to ensure that House rules are adhered to and that responses are both measured and fair in relation to any contraventions. A system of rewards should be followed to recognize compliance of the rules and for good conduct. Matters relating must be recorded and where necessary referred to the Director of Boarding for further action.
- ensure the provision and coordination of weekend routines with duty staff ensuring adequate supervision of resident boarders
- ensure that accurate records of student movements are known and to liaise with duty staff to ensure a wide range of high quality, interesting and fulfilling activities are planned and executed
To develop, manage, maintain and work within an allocated budget for resources and expenses with clear and open records of expenditure.
Contact with Parents
House Masters/Mistresses should build a friendly and professional working relationship with parents and carers and ensure regular contact is maintained and recorded. A boarding report for all students in the House is written by the House Master/Mistress at the end of each term.
Manage and maintain academic study times during the week, be informed and aware of the wacademic progress of the boarders, and initiate and facilitate academic support through the school’s academic staff.
Health and Safety – Housemaster/mistress Needed At A Reputable School
- Keep a regular, weekly, record of Health and Safety items and ensure prompt responses to matters relating.
Responsibilities at the beginning and end of Terms.
- Have knowledge of all students entering the House after the holidays
- Have prepared and assigned each student to a dormitory comprising of others of a similar age, and to disseminate the information to all relevant parties.
- Make sure all the students have read and understood the House Rules and Expectations.
- To liaise with the School Pastoral and/or Academic Staff regarding any new borders or when matters that relate to school life arise.
- Welcome all new borders and show them their new room and prepare a ‘new parents’ meeting.
- Be available at the beginning and ends of the terms for coordination of the start of term.
HOW TO APPLY (Housemaster/mistress Needed At A Reputable School)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: January 9, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED