The services of a Head of Premier is needed at Absa Bank. The company is looking for someone with great leadership skills.
Job Summary For The Head of Premier at Absa Bank
- Manage, nurture, and grow the Absa Bank Ghana Premier Segment
- Set business’ strategic direction & execute through tactical initiatives – develop & achieve financial/non-financial targets set in STP
- Continuous analysis & in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape to keep ahead of competitors’ offering
- Create cross-functional synergies – bridging the gap between customer needs and our product offering; provide customers with the right mix of products with the acceptable service standards
- Define sub-segments among Premier to increase the scope of target customer base
- Plan premier headcount, hire, and grow talents by putting together a learning and development plan to further improve the skills and competencies of a competitive and productive sales channel.
- Manage customer’s on-boarding journey and lifecycle activities to maintain required satisfaction levels and create the cross-sell opportunities
- Actively manage Premier portfolio for maintaining the highest standards of customer-level KPI’s set by Absa Africa – have a seamless migration process for upgrade and downgrade of customers
- Be a reference point for the Wealth Referral programme for the market.
- Plan and execute strategic and tactical marketing campaigns; including media, micromarketing activities, in-branch print
Business Management Time Split : 35%
- Meet and exceed the assigned revenue targets, grow Liabilities & Assets book with the required strategic mix and acquire premier customers as per targets set
- Deepen relationships by focusing on portfolio management tools – vintage analysis, X-sell ratio
- Identify the key lines of cost, income and the levers to control them. Setting the strategy according to these levers to achieve the specified Product Line performance targets
- Prepare/implement action plans and activities to manage the specified product line performance and to improve product line profitability in line with customer segment objectives
- Develop the analytics and reporting for both; Absa Africa and Local use for improved portfolio performance and achieving the KPI’s
- Develop and implement Premier portfolio management tools for maintaining the highest standards of customer-level KPI’s set by Absa Africa and have a seamless migration process for upgrade and downgrade of customer
- Create Cross-sell opportunities through a customer on-boarding journey
- Drive the growth agenda of the RBB franchise in Ghana by supporting with leads and making the business a market leader
- Drive the achievement of the Wealth Referral programme.
- Execute strategic and tactical marketing campaigns including media, micromarketing activities, in-branch print communication etc.
Business Direction Time Split : 10%
- Set business’ strategic direction and assign financial/non-financial targets
- Plan strategic and tactical marketing campaigns; including media, micromarketing activities, in-branch print communication etc
- Continuous analysis & in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape for setting business direction
- Create Cross-functional synergies – bridging the gap between customer needs and our product offering; provide customers with the right mix of products with the acceptable service standards
- Liaise with all stakeholders including Local and Regional Office about product line positioning, functionality, performance targets and activities planned
- Define sub-segments among Premier to increase the scope of target customer base
- Understand and articulate aggregated cluster requirements and feed this back to the Director of Retail Banking to shape the client offering
People Management Time Split : 30%
- Build, develop and motivate a high performing team committed to achieving success through each other
- Ensure that your team members are developed to achieve their maximum potential whilst coaching them to build their awareness of their strengths/development needs.
- Assist in recruiting to fill manpower gaps
- Manage daily attendance levels within your unit and ensure high colleague productivity
- Manage poor performance and escalate disciplinary/grievances issues professionally and promptly in line with agreed procedures
- In conjunction with the Director of Retail Banking, agree challenging performance objectives and measures for your team providing regular feedback on honest assessment and achievement
- In the way you lead on a daily basis, be a role model for your people, do things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm embracing change as a way of working
- Creating an empowering environment for your people encouraging individual ownership, initiative and challenge of the status quo
- Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback on new initiatives etc.
- Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for all members of staff.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis by summarizing needs identified during the quarterly Performance Development process and liaising with the HRBP and Head of Learning and Development.
- Draft succession plans for all team members and update them at least annually.
- Identify talent candidates in the team and ensure that additional development opportunities are created for high potential employees.
- Ensuring exit interviews for all employee-initiated departures from the Unit are conducted in a timely manner and flagging up any issues.
- Directly responsible for discipline for members of own team
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognised through the Absa recognition schemes.
Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc), and submit to HR for record keeping.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
- Maintain appropriate staffing numbers and capability to provide efficient and effective service within the team.
- Manage the development of staff through Performance Management and offering learning opportunities within the department.
- Develop and agree individual and team performance objectives, standards and targets.
Direct personnel in the establishment and maintenance of a continuous improvement Environment
Governance & Control Time Split : 15%
- Work closely with the Governance team and Finance to analyze country-wide reports generated with a particular focus on errors and deviations. Ensure action plans are implemented to address such issues
- Liaise with the Head of Governance on any major processing issues directly linked with the product design or the channels through which the products are distributed
- Create a channel for regular Cross-functional two-way communication to ensure the promised TAT for each service is enforced
- Ensure that the team complies with all Absa’s policies and procedures
- Own and manage the BCM plan for the Premier team
- Work closely with COU in reference to RCA
- Participate in monthly Service Quality meetings and ensure any reoccurring issues are being addressed to customers’ satisfaction
Team Work Time Split : 5%
- Work closely with the Head of Premier, – Absa Africa and the Regional Managers, to deliver exceptional business performance
- Ensure the Director of Retail Banking and the Managing Principal – RBB are aware and supportive of proposition plans and own the agreed strategy when challenged
- Work together with the Director for Retail Banking and the Center Support team, to deliver exceptional performance across Absa Africa
Self Time Split : 5%
- Agree performance development objectives with the team leader.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required), Master’s Degree: Banking and International Finance (Required)
- Job Vacancy For SHS Graduates At FAO
- Global Citizen Job Vacancy For The Youth
- Latest Job Opening At SolarTaxi
How To Apply For Head of Premier at Absa Bank
Closing Date: 10th July, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED