Advans Ghana is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar. As at end October 2019, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,300 staff. Headquartered in Luxembourg with support services in Paris, the group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC.
Advans Ghana, subsidiary of the international microfinance group Advans, started its activities in 2008. The institution offers a full range of adapted financial products and services to micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Ghana. The institution serves more than 64,000 clients through a network of 20 points of sale and over 650 employees.
Job: Head Of Infrastructure And Network – I.T At Advans Ghana
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Do you have a proven experience in this field ? Do you want to contribute to a committed group, seeking to have a positive and sustainable impact ? Advans Ghana, a leading MFI, has the position you are looking for.
The position is a permanent position based in Accra.
What will your role be?
- Under the the supervision of the Head of I.T, you will be responsible for:
- Management, availability, and service quality of the network administration (ORBIT Software and the accounting software SAGE)
- Installation of computers for users and ensure availability of their associated program application
- Set-up and maintenance of telecommunication networks between the head office and the branches, including IP-PBX Asterisk.
- Organizing the Infrastructure and Network team in terms of shift and assigning task to team
- In collaboration with the Head of Database and Applications Unit, synchronize both teams
Your main responsibility will be the following:
- Participate in the design and maintenance of the network infrastructure
- Define the principles, thresholds, and metrics of monitoring systems
- Manage IS evolution and extension projects
- Install, test and receive IT equipment and updates The ITIL framework is your daily routine
- Install and configure the database (like MS SQL, mySql, Oracle…) on the servers
- Ensure the maintenance of the database and their servers (integrity, performance, consolidation, update)
- Ensure proper storage (saving and archiving) of data Administer profiles and users of the operational software
- Administer and maintain the different environment necessary for the evolution of the operational software (live environment, test, training) and its interface Manage the bulk of computers of the institution (both fixed and portable ones)
- Install and update office software and security tools (anti-virus, firewall)
- Manage the network between the head office and the branches and at different sites (cables, WIFI, radio ring, satellite liaisons, …)
- Select the internet access provider and ensure there is stability in connection for all the different sites of the institution
- Manage the mail server
- Train the users of the accounting software, users of the MIS – Management Information
- System, and standard office packages if necessary
- Create ad hoc requests or rapport in collaboration with the experts of the profession
- Administer and maintain firewall
- Administer and maintain Domain Controller
Required Skills or Experience
What kind of profile are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor or a master’s degree in computer science and interested in the microfinance sector and Advans’ missions. You have:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position
- Excellent skills in the administration of Microsoft environments (Windows Server, AD2016, Microsoft collaborative tools) and in the management of associated licences
- Knowledge of IT Security
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and decision-making skills The ability to work independently and to work as part of a team
How To Apply for the Head Of Infrastructure And Network – I.T at Advans Ghana
Does this sound like you? You might just be the new team member we are looking for!
Apply now through the Advans Ghana Website or follow the link below:
Deadline: 21st January 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED