There is a job vacancy for the position of Grants Officer (OTI Littorals Regional Initiative) At Creative Associates.
The Grants Officer will ensure effective and efficient management of grants administration and design flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms to target key zones. S/he will also ensure that the Grant Management and administration function is always in compliance with Creative and USAID’s policies and procedures; and will work towards capacity building of grant recipients as well as the other staff members in the area of grants management.
Location Note: This position is based in Tamale, Northern Ghana.
See Also: SHS/Degree Job Opportunities At Remoteli
- Contribute actively to internal discussions on programmatic strategy and activity ideas.
- Conduct research and outreach to identify potential partners, consultants and grantees for the program.
- Support the Senior Grants Manager in developing targeted scopes of work and solicitations (Requests for Applications, Annual Program Statements.).
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Program Development Officer and Grantees on the development of activity Implementation Plans and Budgets.
- Conduct on-site grantee capacity assessments, including reviews of financial and administrative systems.
- For each activity under development, ensure that the activity background, implementation plan, budget, and monitoring & evaluation plan are coherent and consistent.
- Ensure compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the program’s Activity Manual Addendum (Grants Manual).
- Update and maintain grants files in Creative’s grants management system, SharePoint, as well as the USAID/OTI online database.
- Mainly regular contact with LRI grantees under the grants officer’s portfolio, at a minimum through a weekly call.
- Work with the Snr. Grants Manager in drafting Grant Agreements and related grant management documents (negotiation memorandum, environmental compliance forms, etc.) according to Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct ad hoc activity site visits to understand how grantees are implementing their award. Write concise activity notes documenting such visits.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team and Snr. Grants Manager to ensure that activity notes have been uploaded to the USAID/OTI database on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or professional accounting/financial qualification required.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience with three (3) years professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts.
- Minimum one (1) year working on an international donor program with a grant component. Previous USAID grant experience strongly preferred.
- Competence in computers and using financial software.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Must be willing to be based in Tamale, Northern Ghana.
- Proficiency in languages spoken in Northern Ghana desired.
- French language proficiency is desired but not required.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.
Location: Tamale, Ghana
- Exciting Job Offer At Tullow Oil
- Dayspring Montessori International School Career Opportunity
- Sunda International Invites Job Applications
How To Apply For Grants Officer At Creative Associates
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED