Ghana SRHR Alliance Invites Job Applications
Terms of Reference for the Development of Campaign Messages for Advocacy under the Power to Youth Programme.
The Power to You(th) (PtY) Programme connects Ghana to 6 other implementing countries and seeks to reflect realities of youth and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW). It is the vision of the Power to You(th) Consortium that AGYW from underserved communities make informed choices, enjoy their sexuality, and are free from harmful practices in gender equitable and violence-free societies.
This is coined from the belief that change starts in the community and if young people under 35 years especially AGYW are meaningfully included in discussions and decisions, they will be able to claim their rights, address and challenge harmful gender norms and advocate for inclusive decisions making.
Thus, together we can achieve change with regards to Harmful practices, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) as well as unintended pregnancies. In Ghana, the programme is implemented in five regions – Northern, Savannah, North-East, Upper East and the Greater Accra Regions with the latter serving policy influencing purposes.
The activities of the programme is overseen by a Country Management Team (CMT) made up of 4 partners: Norsaac – the lead partner, Youth Advocates Ghana (YAG), Ghana SRHR Alliance for Young People (GH Alliance) and Songtaba.
Based on the tested approach of partner per pathway that enhances joint program team responsibility for project deliverables, partners are designated per pathway within the programme. The PtY programme in Ghana is focused on 3 key Issues including SGBV, Harmful practices (child marriage, “kayaye” and FGM) and Unintended pregnancies using an integration of strategies particularly: evidence generation, enhancing capacities, gender transformative approaches, strengthening agencies and deepening convening/learning.
The primary objective of this Consultancy is to develop Campaign Messages on the necessity for the inclusion of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in interventions by CSOs and the Government to in order increase the capacity of AGYW to advocate for their own rights.
- To develop campaign messages centred on the inclusion of AGYW in decision making spaces by Governments and CSOs where AGYW can advocate for their rights.
- To develop campaign messages centred on the allocation of resources at the national and local level for the inclusion of AGYW in the implementation and monitoring of initiatives that are targeted towards the reduction of harmful practices, SGBV and unintended pregnancies.
- To design tailored messages to conduct this campaign on Social Media and Radio. 3. Proposed Period This Consultancy will be for a duration of fifteen days, starting 1st November 2021.
Financial Proposal and Work plan
The Consultant should provide a work plan for the task and should make a breakdown of costs in the budget part of the proposal, including different activities and types of costs that will be involved in the execution of this activity.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years’ communication experience with an accessible portfolio of work on communication/marketing campaigns and design products.
- Relevant academic background (post-graduate qualification as a minimum) in policy and advocacy, international relations and/or any other relevant social sciences degree.
- Strong analytical, functional and communication skills
- Good understanding of the advocacy and policy making environment in Ghana.
- Good understanding of reproductive health and rights of adolescents.
- Experience working with traditional and new media.
- Good understanding of the national and international processes with regards to advocacy for youth development.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Ghana SRHR Alliance Invites Job Applications)
- The proposal submission must have the subject line “PTY Messaging Consultancy”
- This proposal should include a statement of why your outfit should be chosen, a portfolio of past works, CV(s) of the Consultant(s), contact details of referees for whom you have produced
CLOSING DATE : 27th October 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED