Recruitment ongoing for the position of a Furniture Designer at manufacturing company.
Under the supervision and guidance of the IDI Manager:
- Design and develop concepts for the company furnishings like chairs, tables, kitchens, and couches.
- Work closely with clients to get a thorough understanding of what kind of product is needed.
Under the supervision and guidance of the IDI Manager:
- Designs furniture for manufacture, according to the knowledge of design trends, offerings of competition, production costs, the capability of production facilities, and characteristics of the company’s market.
- Confers with production, design, and sales personnel to obtain design suggestions and customer orders.
- Evaluate orders and proposals to determine the feasibility of producing items.
- Obtains approval from customer, design team and originates scale or full-size drawing, using drawing software.
- Prepares itemized production requirements to produce items.
- Traces drawing on material for use in the production of blueprints, using drawing instruments.
- Prepares or directs preparation of blueprints containing manufacturing specifications, such as dimensions, kind of wood, and upholstery fabrics to be used in the manufacturing of products.
Gender Policy and Equity
- Supports and promotes the company’s gender policy and the Network’s initiatives for gender sensitivity and gender equity.
- Promotes a culture of gender equity and sensitivity among staff and clients.
- Promotes and supports gender equity, equal opportunity, and diversity policy.
- Develops and maintains own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the furniture manufacturing industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, through local and international networking activities, as it relates to design issues.
- Meets personal training and development needs through relevant QS/Installation related professional and commercial training and networking activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering/construction/Architecture with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in working in a wood production environment or manufacturing sector
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Key skills for chartered surveyors
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to negotiate
- Estimation activities
- Costing skills
- Contract Management
- Project Management Skills
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
Planning and Performance Management
- Ability to set and deliver business goals
- Ability to plan, budget, and organize various functions necessary to accomplish project goals and activities
- Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements
Reporting and Communication Skills
- Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit design reports and correspondence
- Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to the MD, Management, and employees
- Listening, comprehension, and understanding skills and sensitivity to the emotional, attitudinal and political aspects of human resources management
Organization and Interpersonal Skills (Furniture Designer at manufacturing company)
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work cooperatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out the assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and teams
- Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, and time management skills
- Has a positive “can do” mentality and has the ability to address challenges and exploit all available resources to accomplish objectives
- Ability to motivate others by personal role modeling, professional credibility, and trust
- Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables innon-standardized situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to employee’s personal information
- Ability to maintain and promote fair, non-discriminatory employment practices and employee treatment
Commitment to Mission and Gender Policy and Equity
- Commitment to the company’s mission, corporate values and motivation as expressed in the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the work area
- Commitment to poverty eradication and an ability to transform the lives and communities of people in poverty
- Ability to support and implement transformational activities aimed at empowering all staff and clients in such a way that they become agents of social, spiritual, political, and economic transformation in their own communities
- Commitment to promoting and supporting gender policy and equity
- Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity policy and equity
Basic Mathematical and Numeric Skills
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Skill to locate routine mathematical errors
- Computation of rate, ratio, and percent including the drafting and interpretation of QS/Installation reports
Personal Computer Operation
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation
- Reporting and communication software programs – word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet
- Management Team at all levels
- Production staff
- Sales & Marketing
- QS/Installation staff
- Procurement Officer
- Wood and Production Material Suppliers
HOW TO APPLY (Furniture Designer at manufacturing company)
Interested candidate should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21 January, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED