A Fundraising & Business Development Manager is needed Dikan. The Fundraising & Business Development Manager is responsible for and leads all revenue and income-generating activities. He/She will work with the Board of Trustees and stakeholders to ensure the organisation is well-governed, sustainable, and has long-term strategic plans, objectives, and milestones. He/She will also be responsible for all aspects of fundraising and expanding Dikan Center’s capacity by implementing its development strategies and introducing the center to a broad spectrum of funders, community leaders and external stakeholders. He/She will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Create and implement an annual fundraising strategy to support the program, vision and general operating expenses.
- Develop and implement a strategy for solicitation of major gifts, foundation and government grants, and significant individual donors
- Develop and support new and current partnership engagements, including identifying and building relationships with prospective collaborative partners.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
- Develop and implement organisational business development, sustainability and fundraising strategy and processes.
- Produce quarterly reports for senior management on business development performance analysis
- Maintain and provide donor intelligence and identify new funding opportunities
- Advice on potential partnerships with other organisations and agencies and identify specific opportunities:
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities for Dikan.
- Collaborate with other Dikan teams to communicate, and strategise on, new business opportunities and approaches in line with Dikan’s strategy: Work with Board, trustees, and Management to develop action plans for new business opportunities. Research and produce internal briefs on topics and issues related to new business development (e.g. donor profiles, partner organisation profiles, briefings for meetings and conferences).
- Provide guidance and support to develop proactive concepts, convert ideas into sellable proposals, and actively participate in identifying sources of support for such proposals.
- Write proposals and grants and research on prospects for all potential funding sources, including government, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Work closely with Communications Manager to enhance development initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful track record of securing multiple high-value projects/contracts from bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations. Specific experience securing significant funding from donors.
- Significant expertise in all areas of new business development, including strategy, forging partnerships, including negotiating agreements, project design, proposal writing, budget development, managing donor and other partner (e.g. NGOs) relationships and project reporting. This includes developing complex technical/narrative and cost proposals.
- English fluency is required; additional language will be a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, or related field
- 4+ years of fundrasing or business development experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs
- Excellent understanding of best practices
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectively
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and a creative approach to problem-solving
How To Apply – Fundraising & Business Development Manager At Dikan
To be considered for a position at Dikan Center, please send a cover letter, PDF of your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th May, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED