Free the Slaves Job Vacancy
Free the Slaves (FTS) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery worldwide – with a focus on dismantling the economic, political and social systems that allow slavery to persist.
We combine world-class research, innovative frontline community activism, targeted advocacy and compelling communications to alert the world that slavery still exists but can be overcome.
We work with grassroots organizations to free people from slavery and help them rebuild their lives.
We record and share survivor stories so people in power can see slavery and be inspired to work for freedom.
We enlist businesses to clean slavery out of their product supply chains and empower consumers to avoid slavery-tainted products.
We work with governments to implement effective anti-slavery laws and hold them to their commitments.
We research what works and what does not, so that resources can be efficiently focused.
Our headquarters is in Washington DC; we have operations in India, Nepal, Ghana, Haiti, Senegal and the Dominican Republic.
To learn more about Free the Slaves, visit: www.freetheslaves.net.
Free the Slaves has worked in Ghana for 15 years, and established a formal field office presence in Ghana in late 2013.
The Ghana office works to address child labor slavery, human trafficking and sexual exploitation in informal mining and fishing communities, in collaboration with Ghanaian civil society organizations.
Free the Slaves collaborates with and advocates to relevant agencies of the Ghana government to strengthen the government’s ability to respond to modern slavery.
Free the Slaves also collaborates with broader development and human rights organizations to incorporate anti-trafficking efforts into their relevant programs in Ghana.
To read more about our work in Ghana, see: https://www.freetheslaves.net/ghana.
Free the Slaves’ Ghana office seeks a Programs Officer with strong background in French (written and spoken), capacity building, coordination, monitoring learning and evaluation (MLE) for a program to support communities and the government of Senegal, combat human trafficking and modern slavery in the mining sector.
The Program Officer will be responsible for supporting MLE and coordinate repatriation and reintegration of survivors of sex trafficking.
The candidate will coordinate with the MLE Associate and Senegal In-country staff to facilitate the implementation of MLE tools and repatriation of foreign survivors of trafficking.
The Program Officer reports to the West Africa Regional Director. The Program Officer position will be based in Accra, Ghana with periodic travel to other regions as needed.
- Enable FTS to define and implement a context-driven strategy in support of combatting human trafficking in targeted areas including identification and selection of affected communities, linking with effective organizations that are building local, national, and regional resistance to modern slavery.
- Coordinate with FTS implementing partners and staff to implement planned programs including survivor care, repatriation and MLE tools.
- Document FTS work in the region, with organizations to meet reporting requirements.
- Support FTS and partner advocacy efforts to influence policies, practices, and implementation of anti-modern slavery responsibilities by regional, district and community government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the FTS West Africa Regional Program, for example, through helping identify new funding sources, helping our partners network with other organizations,
- With the West Africa Regional Director, co-lead on grant development and philanthropy relations
- Support the HQ in proposal development
- Participate as a team member in development of FTS overall program strategies and strengthen the role of the overseas program work in FTS’ fundraising, research, advocacy, and public education.
- As may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Research on key trends on modern slavery in the region and keep FTS informed and propose strategic responses to the trends in the region
APPLICATION PROCESS (Free the Slaves Job Vacancy)
Use West Africa Program Assistant [Your Name]” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 18th November, 2021.
About Free the Slaves
Free the Slaves is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED