Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Available Job Vacancy. The FAO is hiring an abled and suitably qualified Communications Officer (Media Officer).
- The Communication Officer (Media Officer) reports to the Senior Communications Officer.
- Media relations, press releases, and feature stories.
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of FAO external communication, web publishing, and media-relations activities of the Organization.
- Researches and analyses technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional, and technology-related information, data and statistics, and/or related policy issues to support internal and/or external communication.
- Produces a variety of information and reports as well as input for communication-related documents and web pages.
- Collaborates in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes and databases.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams, and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with other divisions, offices, and agencies on workgroups and committees, and promotes best practices.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
Specific Functions (Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Available Job Vacancy
- Produces press releases, news and feature stories on the work of FAO by monitoring key events and programs in the field as well as at the headquarters, in close coordination and collaboration with technical divisions and other teams of OCC.
- Drafts articles, statements, briefing notes, opinion pieces, talking points, key messages and other communication outputs for the Organization, ensuring consistency, accuracy and meeting the needs of target audiences.
- Liaises closely with other division/units and regional/country offices to ensure the development and timely delivery of media communication materials for the Organization.
- Develops and articulates key messages for media outreach purposes.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and impact analyses of the media strategies and campaigns of the Organization.
- Takes part in the planning and coordination of media outreach for upcoming events.
- Liaises with media, responds to requests and queries.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience in communication, public information, journalism, international relations.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of communication services for prominent organizations, particularly at the international level, including substantive experience in journalism.
- Extent and relevance of experience in drafting/editing high-quality written materials for a wide variety of audiences, such as international media.
- Demonstrated experience in news writing/editing in a deadline-driven environment.
- Extent and relevance of experience in covering international and multilateral affairs, planning and coordinating complex news coverage as well as directing/editing other’s work.
- Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
- The extent and relevance of experience in multimedia production is considered a strong asset.
- A broad range of media experience as a journalist and/or producer and /or communications expert is desirable.
- Experience in working with the United Nations, governments and the private sector, and other key actors in UN projects and programs is desirable.
BENEFITS (Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Available Job Vacancy)
- Dependency allowances
- Rental subsidy
- Education grant for children
- Home leave travel
- 30 working days of annual leave per year
- Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
- International health insurance; optional life insurance
- Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
- elements of family-friendly policies
- flexible working arrangements
- standards of conduct.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Available Job Vacancy – HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
NOTE: Please note that FAOh only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information that may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
Incomplete applications will not be considered; Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
CLOSING DATE: 28th December, 2021, 2:59:00 PM
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED