Exciting Career Opportunity At AFREhealth, October 2021
The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is an interdisciplinary health professions organization that works with educational institutions, Ministries of Health, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of health care in Africa through research, education and capacity building with a focus on health workforce development and interprofessional collaboration.
It is formed by individuals, universities, institutions, and networks from all the geographic and linguistic regions of Africa namely Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and Arabophone.
To be a responsive and leading African forum in the pursuit of excellence in health research, education and service provision.
To provide African leadership for responsive health professions education, training, research and service delivery through: (a) Partnership/Collaboration, (b) Networking, (c) Advocacy, (d) Resource mobilization, (e) Strategic communication, (f) Sharing best practices, (g) Capacity building, and (h) Transformation of responsive health professions education, research and healthcare deliver
AFREhealth is driven by the following keys values: a) Professionalism; b) Accountability; c) Mutual respect; d) Team spirt; e) Gender sensitivity; f) Excellence; g) Equity; h) Inclusiveness
The Senior Program Manager will have responsibility for the coordination, oversight and monitoring of AFREhealth projects.
The incumbent will verify that the program produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits as defined in the program description.
S/He will work closely with the AFREhealth program leads / Coordinators, technical, administrative and finance staff to ensure project resources are applied appropriately.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of program activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the program goals and objectives.
- Review project work plans and budgets and provide an oversight role on grantees programmatic work
- Contribute to the strategic planning of activities in support of AFREhealth goals and objectives, including the determination of program priorities.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis and reporting of project outputs and results, working in close collaboration with any project coordinators and key personnel on the team, and to ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of materials related to AFREhealth projects and their respective results.
Provide strategic and programmatic inputs to new proposals as needed.
- Work closely with project Coordinators and financial management team on any cost sharing requirements.
- Track project funds in line with approved budget and activities
- Prepare and submit timely project progress reports in adherence to funder guidelines
- Manage the day-to-day program activities and chairs the program management team meetings where necessary
- Provide on-going leadership for program team by building and motivating the team members to meet required deliverables.
- Work creatively, engage more with the team, especially in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Provide status reports about the project deliverables, risks and issues
- Participate in development of proposals, required documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, funders and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that programs are continuing in accordance with the scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
How To Apply (Exciting Career Opportunity At AFREhealth)
Interested qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: By Friday 29 October, 2021.
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED