End User Support Lead at Newmont Mining Corporation.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role (End User Support Lead):
- Are you able to lead and provide reliable technology support for users at a Newmont Goldcorp regional or site operations. This covers technology applications and infrastructure available via the desktop, on a mobile device or elsewhere at the site and includes supporting outsourced technology services and technology vendors?
- Are you able to lead a single regional or site end-user related projects, project team and budget?
Site Technology Support Team Management
- Manage the team responsible for the first physical technology support touchpoint when Newmont Goldcorp personnel, visitors and contractors experience issues or have minor requests associated with their technology products and programs on site.
- Work with other technology teams such as regional/ global Network/Infrastructure teams to ensure the regional voice & data network, server, storage and end-user environments at site are effectively maintained and supported (this is key for remote mining site locations).
- Responsible for site components of regionally or globally run technology projects that require local technology touch and participate in these projects as needed.
- Communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver on technology requirements
- Responsible for smooth running of technology facilities at site, including but not limited to, printers, scanners, copiers, audio visual equipment, on site server rooms and video systems, electronic displays, and meeting room equipment
- Oversee and supports vendors to maintain site stability
- Participate in the budgetary and logistics process for technology support and maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate a preventive maintenance program to minimize the risk of unplanned downtime to on site technology.
- Provide appropriate identification, tracking, escalation, and communication for regional or site issues they are responsible for in service delivery
- Responsible for the record keeping of site technology related assets.
- Support Team Leadership
- Provide guidance and oversight for all aspects of end user support services
- Provide mentoring, coaching and development for less experienced team members.
- Coordinate the team schedule to ensure appropriate site support resource allocation and availability.
- Support the team to understand the business objectives associated with implementation of technology solutions on site.
- Contribute to future integration strategies with contractors and suppliers, outsourcing and partnership arrangements, and overall site support needs Verify the parts, and overall site support needs.
Safety and Compliance
- Contribute to continuous improvement of end-user support delivery for Newmont Goldcorp’s regional or site technology operations, service planning, service quality and Service-Level Agreement (SLA) performance, issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with, and ensures team compliance to Newmont Goldcorp security and technology standards in delivery of service,
- Support personnel to document and understand operating procedures when new site initiatives and projects are introduced on site.
- Conduct safety meetings, staff meetings and safety inspections.
- Become familiar with and adheres to Newmont Goldcorp’s Health, Safety Security and Environment Policies, Standards and Procedures. Models the behaviour required to comply with and support these standards and practices
- Responsible for completion and resolution of all Technology compliance and general control related activities for the team.
- Consistently demonstrates and encourage safe work practices.
- Coordinate audit finding actions for the Support Team on site.
- Promote and comply with Newmont goals and values.
- Ensure site support team performance goals are achieved.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Requires a University degree or Technical Certificate or equivalent experience.
Experience (End User Support Lead):
- Minimum of 8 or more years’ experience in services or technical support role with progressive supervisory responsibility, of which 3+ years were spent performing this role in a mining company.
- Minimum of 3 or more years’ experience supervising a team.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience performing a mine site-based IT support role.
- Working experience in radiation sources safety and maintenance.
- Must demonstrate a strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of ITIL processes
- Broad knowledge of diverse technology toolset and use of problem resolution forums
- Strong mix of business, functional, and technical skills
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- Office and field/mine site work as required, including working in open pit and/or underground operations.
- Position may require travel to other domestic and international sites.
- Position requires driving license.
- Flexible hours as required to accommodate site technology requirements or project requirements
CLOSING DATE : September 29, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED