Here is the Eduspots Ghana Career Opportunity. As they enter an exciting phase of development, they are looking to bring on board an energetic, experienced and committed leader as our Head of Operations.
This role requires an efficient and empathetic individual, experienced in managing a remote working team in an international or community development setting. We are looking for someone who has the operational and leadership skills to deliver a diverse portfolio of programmes, get the best out of our team of committed staff and volunteers, and who knows how to produce great operational support in a fast-growing, fast-paced organisation.
This exciting new role would give the candidate operational responsibility in Ghana, and line management responsibility of the Ghana delivery team. They will work closely with the team in the UK, to ensure the successful delivery of our programmes to time and budget, supporting our extensive network of volunteers across Ghana in this process.
See Also: IMF Free online Learning Program 2022
Aside from regional and national conferences and residential training Academies, this role will mainly involve desk-based work, providing remote management oversight. The individual will need to be extremely self-motivated, and able to work independently from a home environment, with strong IT skills. In time, we may develop an office base.
The salary is competitive and will be commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate.
The role is 3 days/week but we will consider full-time for the right candidate. There is the possible future progression towards a Country Manager position.
Responsibilities For The Eduspots Ghana Career Opportunity
- Line management of a dynamic part-time team of delivery staff located across Ghana, dealing with all day-to-day operational and staffing matters, but with the ability to know when to escalate issues to the Chair.
- Providing high quality and supportive leadership and management to the team, inspiring and motivating staff and volunteers to achieve our delivery and organisational objectives.
- Overseeing the staff performance management and appraisal and development process, ensuring all staff understand their objectives and are supported in working towards them.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of EduSpots Ghana operations, including project development and delivery, budget management, monitoring and impact evaluation, and all operational administration tasks.
- Maintaining oversight of the ‘Spot’ network ensuring Spots are supported in actively moving towards the ‘Dream Spot’ model.
- Responsibility for ensuring all project monitoring, data capture and impact evaluation is completed, accurately recorded, evaluated and reported as required.
- Oversight of all project budgets, ensuring accurate record keeping and timely reporting as required in liaison with the Finance Manager.
- Oversight and approval of all staff expenses in line with budgets, reporting accurate and timely information to the Finance Manager for payment processing.
Partnerships & Fundraising
- Working with the Chair to build and maintain a range of new and beneficial relationships with key strategic partners and donors, including the relevant Ghana authorities, such as the Library Authority and Ministry of Education.
- Proactively identifying in-country partnership & grant funding opportunities, working with the Chair and fundraising staff to take forward appropriate opportunities.
- Contributing to funding applications and activities as directed.
- Carrying out all administrative tasks required to effectively deliver the duties and responsibilities of the role, including maintaining and updating current databases and records, introducing new more efficient systems as appropriate.
- Producing high quality written communications including delivery reports, funding reports, formal letters etc.
- Overseeing annual and regional conferences and other events as required, alongside community visits.
- Contributing to media and publicity in Ghana and the UK including social media posts, newsletter articles, blog posts etc .
- Complying with Data Protection requirements and maintaining confidentiality as required.
Policies and procedures
- Ensuring all Health & Safety requirements, Safeguarding and other approved policies and procedures are adhered to across the Ghana operations and within the wider network of Spots.
- Working with an in-country SafeguardingLead.
- Carrying out risk assessments as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in operations management, or a similar role, in an international development, educational development or community development NGO setting.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, ideally in a community setting.
- Experience of leading a team, including line management responsibility. Ideally with experience of managing remote working staff.
- Experience of working with/managing volunteers.
- Strong experience of financial management at project and programme level, including setting and managing budgets, grant management and financial reporting.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective working relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Experience in monitoring health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Strong IT knowledge and experience
Personal Qualities & Skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work to maintain a high standard of performance with minimum supervision.
- A strong personal affinity with EduSpots’ mission, vision and values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to create positive working relationships and motivate staff, volunteers and a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional leadership qualities, with the energy and proactivity to drive improvements forwards.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Diplomatic, yet assertive and decisive.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, yet the ability to know when to escalate issues or seek further support.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond to feedback effectively.
- Flexible with the ability to react to change and be adaptable.
- Able to be accountable and self-reflective, leading to development of own working practices.
- A team player.
- Ability to create and foster a culture of respect, honesty and commitment to our values and organisational aims.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team.
- Masters qualification in a related field.
- Anglogold Ashanti Limited Opens New Job Recruitment
- Latest Job Vacancy At Npontu Technologies Limited
- 11 Fire Service Officers Dismissed Over Recruitment Fraud
How To Apply For Eduspots Ghana Career Opportunity
Please send a cover letter and updated CV addressed to the Chair, Miss Cat Davison, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 8th August, 2022
A first round interview with shortlisted candidates is anticipated to take place in the week beginning Monday, August 15.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED