There is a job vacancy for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (Technical ) at FHI360.
Job Summary/Responsibilities At FHI360
Technical Oversight and Coordination
- Facilitate the operationalization of the education accountability framework through systems strengthening and capacity building at all levels of the education system.
- Provide support, technical assistance and training to government actors to improve the quality of and use of education data for decision-making, and decentralized resource management at central and decentralized levels.
- Supports the development, planning and training of personnel at decentralized levels of the education system to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the workforce.
- Provides technical advice and support for strategies and actions to improve transparency, engagement, information sharing, constructive debate and positive working relationships between government and civil society education stakeholders to achieve targeted outcomes in education.
- Supports increased quality of education and opportunity to learn by improving the work of school management committees and parent teacher associations
- Coordinate closely with the Chief of Party (COP) on all technical matters; provide support to the overall leadership and management of the project.
- Coordinate planning process to ensure strategic and cohesive program direction, and ongoing inclusive and adaptive management
- Oversee technical outputs (activities, strategies and deliverables) of all implementing partner organizations through regular field visits and facilitate regular technical meetings for all partners.
- Develop and oversee a local partner capacity building activities, including technical, managerial and governance capacities.
- Coordinate with the M&E Director to ensure that MEL and CLA plans enhances the project’s ability to ensure technical quality and provide feedback for technical interventions. Provide guidance to technical staff, ensure clear roles and responsibilities and maintain clear lines of communication with project team members.
- Collaborate with in-country technical advisors and headquarter-based technical staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations.
- Lead the process of preparing timely and accurate reporting on technical interventions and preparing technical deliverables. .
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP.
- Serve as the primary technical program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP.
Required Qualifications :
- Master’s degree required (PhD preferred) in education, social sciences, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible technical management experience in support of large-scale, donor-funded international development programs, preferably in Ghana or the region.
- Background and demonstrated experience in governance, accountability and strengthening government capacity at multiples levels of the education system.
- Experience in capacity development at human, institutional and policy levels, including strategic planning and organizational processes required; knowledge of current education system strengthening best practices and trends relevant to USAID strategy preferred.
- Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender equity and social inclusion issues in education.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials at national and local levels, and donor representatives.
- Ability to analyze and establish effective cross-program coordination, procedures, and management systems.
- Demonstrated ability in complex environments, working across different cultures, and managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Experience in the education sector in Ghana or the region strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Opportunities For Jobs At Kempinski Hotel
- Old Mutual Ghana Latest Careers 2022
- Job Opportunity At The Trust Hospital
How To Apply For Deputy Chief of Party (Technical ) At FHI360
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED