Daystar Power Group Employment Opportunity
Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Accounts Officer, who will play an integral role in keeping financial records up-to-date, checking for inaccuracies in invoices, and handling queries on general accounts in Ghana.
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals (He, She, They) with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Job holder will report to the Administrator who is the key point of contact for accounting, tax and administration related matters.
- Ensure that Group policies and procedures are properly implemented and complied within the Ghana office.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all the company’s bank accounts.
- Process vendor payments and reconcile vendor accounts to resolve any issues.
- Prepare customer invoices and follow up with customers for payments.
- Prepare customer aging analysis report to ensure accounts receivables are properly managed.
- Process staff advances/retirements and reconcile staff accounts regularly.
- Manage general ledger entries on the accounting system (Odoo).
- Manage the fixed asset register and reconcile against general ledger entries.
- Manage inventory records and carry out periodic stock count to ensure inventory records match physical stock.
- Ensure all accounting and administrative documents are properly filed (both electronically and hard copies) for ease of retrieval.
- Support the audit process (including statutory audit, tax audit, due diligence etc.) and take responsibility for timely audit completion.
- Support the timely preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Work with the tax consultants to ensure timely and accurate computation and filing of tax obligations.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and variance reports.
- Support in administrative matters and other related matters, as may be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines – Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of intermediate level of Chartered Accountant qualifications(ICAN, ACCA) is required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Applications in particular MS Excel.
- Experience of working remotely and/or of virtual teams will be an advantage.
- Experience with preparing financial statements and coordinating month-end/year-end close process.
Fluency in English is required (French would be an additional advantage).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate with excellent team skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Highly inquisitive mindset with an aptitude for numbers.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with accounting systems
Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel.#
Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Daystar Power Group Employment Opportunity)
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED