There is a Day Job Available At Sightsavers. The company is looking for a dynamic and experienced Country Director for their programmes in Ghana. This exciting new role will take responsibility for developing and leading Sightsavers’ operations within Ghana.
About the role:
The Country Director will help us ensure the successful delivery of programme activities, achieving the expected outcomes in line with Sightsavers’ strategic plan and national development goals. Key accountabilities will include:
- Demonstrating good governance within programme delivery and financial management, ensuring that all systems and controls are in place and followed to allow accurate reporting, cost effectiveness.
- Enforcing compliance to meet funding/donor requirements to retain and develop grant and partner relationships
- Developing strong relationships with government agencies, donors, international agencies, media and communities to raise the profile of Sightsavers, with the ability to advocate and influence at senior levels.
- Building an effective country team focused on delivery; recruiting high calibre individuals and supporting them with focused development plans to ensure successful delivery of programme objectives.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments globally to contribute to organisation success; review outputs and share learning, identify new opportunities, and make recommendations based on changes in the local environment.
- Providing support to networks both inside and outside the organisation
We are looking for a consistent, proven, and effective leader. To succeed in this rewarding role, you will need:
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Experience and knowledge of context and actors in the Health, Education and Social Inclusion sectors
- Previous experience as a Country Director for an INGO would be highly desirable
- Extensive working experience in an INGO/ NGO environment in a leadership position
- Substantial and proven team management experience
- Knowledge of project management, budget development and monitoring, and resource management.
- Knowledge of advocacy, research, impact assessment, partnership development and resource mobilisation
Location: Sightsavers Country Office, Accra, Ghana
- Over 50 Vacant Slots For SHS/Diploma/HND At Melcom Ghana
- Ericsson Invites Job Applications
- Apply For Job Vacancies At Absa Bank
- Ghana Card won’t be used for 2024 elections – EC
How To Apply For The Day Job Available At Sightsavers
Closing date: 25th September, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED