Cutter Suction Dredge Master at Dredge Masters Limited.
DML is a market leader in dredging and has a sizable presence in Marine and Civil Construction. Dredging services cover urban dredging and environmental dredging, dredging of dams, rivers and lagoons, maintenance dredging of ports and harbors. Marine construction activities involve beach nourishments, coastal defense and coastal protection measures. Company is also active in urban drainage and drain construction.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) is an ISO certified company with certification in Quality ISO 9001:2015, occupational health and safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015 standards from Bureau Veritas.
DML is known for quality and high operational excellence and adheres to sustainable development goals (SDG’s)
DML is currently looking for a cutter suction Dredge Master who will Provide guidance towards operational dredging crew, cooperate constructively and efficiently with dredging crew, chief engineer on a regular basis, and create forecasts predicting future growth with a good verbal and written communication skills.
REPORTS TO: PM/MD
CUTTER SUCTION DREDGE MASTER:
- Operate the Dredger and Booster optimally and safely according to HSE requirements.
- Operate the Dredger and Booster at a maximum daily production, according to the operational capabilities of the Dredger and Boosters and ensure the daily production according to the project requirements.
- Provide input on the planning in agreement with the Chief Engineer/ Engineer – In – Charge on a day to day basis to the Sr. Dredge Master/ Project Management.
- Provide accurate information to Sr. Dredge Master/ Project Management on the work done/ performance, accidents/ delays, status of assets and work forecasts aligned with project requirements.
- Implement and control the HSE requirements; respond to Q/HSE reports and ensure solutions for addressed issues are implemented.
- Delegate specific responsibilities to Dredge Mates/ Operators and Crew, Assess their performance and suggest efficiency improvement activities. Identify risks and appropriate mitigations.
- Inform the Sr. Dredge Master/ Project Management on dredger- and spare parts requirements for the Dredger in consultation with Chief Engineer/ Engineer – in – Charge.
- Provide guidance towards operational Dredging Crew; escalate to Sr. Dredge Master/ Project Management if issues cannot be solved.
- Cooperate constructively and efficiently with dredging crew, chief engineer/ Engineer – in – Charge and Sr. dredge master and or dredge supervisor on a regular basis.
- Recommend to Sr. dredge master optimal development opportunities for the dredging crew.
- Execute of the performance evaluation process for all operational dredging crew in close cooperation with the Sr. Dredge master.
- First point of contact for operational dredging crew and chief engineer/In – Charge of Sr. dredge master is off duty or absent.
- Provide input on the performance and development of project staff as part of the performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate and execute the yearly performance evaluation process for the operational crew.
- An Engineering degree or Vocational dredging degree or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Formal Knowledge and course completion on Dredging will be desirable.
- Basic Seaman training is compulsory from a reputed Marine Institute.
- Possession of STCW Certificate 2010 is a must.
- Minimum of 10 Experience as operator and Dredge Master on Cutter Suction Dredgers. Out of these at least five years should be as Dredge Master/ Senior Dredge Master.
- Experience Cutter Dredger with Spud Carriage will be Preferred.
- Experience on Assembly and De -Assembly of Beaver Dredgers will be an advantage.
- Experience in Dry- Docking and Repair and Maintenance of Cutter Dredgers is desirable.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Show understanding of tasks and responsibilities and achieve targets timely.
- Be able to translate division targets into concrete and measurable goals for a timely achievement goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of subordinates.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to client
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before September 26, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED