Crop Farm Manager at Akro Farms.
Akro farms is a poultry business that produces fresh and healthy table eggs and processed spent layers. Our business model adopts innovative agribusiness targeted at climate change mitigation and sustainable rural development
Our systems and processes are fully automated allowing us to be highly efficient and quick in responding to customer needs as well as risk/issues that may arise on the farm.
POSITION: CROP FARM MANAGER AT AKRO FARMS
The primary responsibility of the Crop Farm Manager is to obtain better yield and profitability by deciding on the management and production of the crops, plan farming activities, supervising other staff, planting, spraying crop protection chemicals, harvesting of crops, marketing and selling crops, documentation of all details including financial aspects of the farm and strategic planning.
To be a successful Crop Farm Manager, you should be detail-oriented and also keep the bigger picture in mind. You must be a keen problem solver who focuses on efficiency, and manage and lead the farm efficiently.
- Deciding on the quality and quantity of the crops to be planted
- Preparing harvesting plans, harvesting schedules, and collaborating with farm operators for the carrying out these activities
- Budgeting for farm management and accomplishing farm activities within the planned budget
- The hiring of employees for minor duties
- Arranging for regular maintenance of field equipment, machinery, and farm buildings
- Purchasing farm supplies like agrochemicals and seeds
- Management of sales and marketing of farm products like crop harvest, dairy production, and livestock
- Meeting deadlines for producing yield and sending the yield to market for auctions
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of crops
- Updating knowledge on plant diseases and taking necessary measures for treating the same
- Keeping a track of the health and safety of farmworkers and other staff
- Analyzing existing operations and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in Agricultural Science.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration is recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field and a passion for Agriculture.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and be able to demonstrate strong work ethics
- Must have excellent interpersonal, team building, and decision-making skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CROP FARM MANAGER AT AKRO FARMS
Applications and CVs should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: No later than one week after the publication of this advert.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED