- Company: Creative Associates International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The Communication & Reporting Officer plays a critical role in the identification, coordination, management, production and distribution of high-quality content related to this three-year USAID/OTI program.
Working in close collaboration with program staff, the Chief of Party and HQ colleagues, the Communication & Reporting Officer will develop an editorial calendar of content – written stories, videos, photography, PowerPoint presentations and more – that demonstrate to internal and external audiences the successes and results of our work in five West African countries.
She/he will be expected to manage at least one full-time staff member. This is a hands-on position and the selected candidate will be expected to also write and produce her/his own written and video projects.
Consistent with USAID/OTI’s strategy and goals, the Communication & Reporting Officer is expected to perform the following duties:
- In collaboration with your supervisor, program colleagues and HQ staff, develop a production process.
- Develop and take responsible for the content calendar.
- Devise content distribution plans that leverage in-house and external platforms (such as social media, graphics and email newsletters) with other team members.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of the communications content, materials and messaging.
- Responsible for meeting USAID’s published branding and marking standards, as well as upholding Creative’s communications policies.
- Collaborate closely with program colleagues in the region and HQ in the United States.
- Provide relevant expert-service to the program team on reporting and communications and act as facilitator or trainer as needed.
- Supervise at least one full-time employee in Ghana, including her/his assignments, quality, on-time delivery and more.
- Devise a plan to identify, recruit and supervise contract contributors in five countries.
- Review and distill reports and data from a variety of internal and external sources that would be presented in a compelling, succinct manner for USAID and the program staff.
- Proofread key reports that are required by USAID.
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, development and on-time delivery quality content – video, photography and written materials – produced by the project.
- Organize and participate in pre-production, production, and postproduction coordination, including logistics and security briefings, and alert the appropriate team members of updates and changes.
- Plan, write and produce videos, written stories, and photo essays.
- Edit success stories that follow USAID guidelines.
- Ensure that all original content adheres to a style that reflects the scope and results of the program’s work.
- Review, edit and pass along for approval content from the full-time employee and contributing consultants.
- Supervise consultants and freelancers, including videographers, video editors and copy editors.
- Work on multimedia packages, including preproduction (planning, logistics, consultants, etc.), field production and post-production (script writing, video editor, approvals, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in journalism, communications or public relations with a significant portfolio of published material.
- Proven English-language writing and editing skills.
- Ability to identify content ideas, find interesting angles and tell stories in a compelling, accurate, authentic and respectful ways.
- Experience planning, coordinating and carrying out video productions, including script writing, interaction with contract videographers and video editors.
- Well-versed in the latest electronic publishing and graphic methods.
- Ability to build relationships and establish rapport with colleagues, both in person and virtually.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to larger team projects.
- Conversational spoken French.
- Availability to travel to field locations in West Africa in support of communications efforts.
- Existing work authorization for Ghana.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in international development or international affairs, preferably in a communications role on USAID-funded projects, is a plus.
- Video editing skills are desired, videography and photography skills a plus.
- Experience in Abode Creative Suite, including Premiere and Photoshop.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 25 April. 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED