Create Change Ghana Job Recruitment
CCG is currently seeking applicants for a full time position as an Administration & Girls’ Enterprise Officer to support it as it enters into a new phase of growth.
The successful candidate will join a team in Tamale, Northern Ghana.
Job Scope and Responsibilities (Create Change Ghana Job Recruitment)
- The Administration & Girls’ Enterprise Officer will, overall, take on a leading role in administration of the CCG office, as well as the development and implementation of enterprise training for girls struggling with poverty.
- The successful candidate should have some experience in administration. Any experience in finance would also be considered an asset and preferred, but not a requirement, as training will be provided.
- The candidate should have some experience developing and/or implementing entrepreneurial and business training for youth and/or people struggling with poverty.
- In addition, we are also looking for someone who can act as a support person to the many young women who intern in our office. This person should be kind, compassionate, and above all a natural mentor and leader.
- Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Administration & Girls’ Enterprise Officer will be responsible for keeping sound administrative records, and training colleagues and junior staff in effective administrative procedures.
- The Officer will be directly responsible for recruiting and training young women in business start-ups and management so they are able to plan for and implement small businesses to support their life goals.
The responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
Administrative Duties (50%)
- Oversee general administrative activities of the organisation
- Assist in account receivable and payable activities
- Maintain general office files
- Purchase of office supplies, equipment etc
- Identify reliable service providers and establish relationship for the provision of services to the organisation
- Keep an updated record of all service providers
- Oversee the maintenance of office assets and maintain accurate records of all assets
- Handle and report administrative and financial issues to the Program Director
- Manage all other related financial or administrative issues, which may be directed by the Program Director.
Business & Enterprise Program Duties (50%)
- In liaison with the Program Director, recruit young women for business trainings
- Conduct financial literacy and business management trainings to recruited young women
- Assist trainees to put business ideas into actions and guide them in the start-up process
- Conduct follow-up visits after trainings and provide support to new businesses
- Provide advice and guidance to graduates of business development, growth and sustainability
- Mentor junior staff in the office to ensure they have the administrative skills required to effectively manage their responsibilities as office staff
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in Finance, Bachelor of Commerce, Business administration preferred, but a degree in Community Development, Education, etc. will also be considered
- At least 2 years working experience in a related position
- A natural mentor and leader, who demonstrates a high level of compassion irrespective of age, gender, income, or religion
- Demonstrated interest in advancing opportunities for youth, women and/or people living in poverty will be considered an asset
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Proficiencyin QuickBooks will be an added advantage
- Strong business development skills and experience, with the ability to work to achieve targets and take full ownership of projects
- A proactive and positive work ethic with strong team-working skills
- A positive spirit who is keen to learn new things and develop further
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in relation to colleagues and clients, customers and partners.
- Good organizational, administration and time management skills
- Strong account management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and being able to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of, and commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
- Stock and inventory control techniques
- Creative, enthusiastic and determined to produce high quality work
- Reliable, responsive and able to prioritize
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Dagbani will be considered an asset
APPLICATION PROCESS (Create Change Ghana Job Recruitment )
Closing Date: Tuesday, 16th November, 2021 at 17:00.
Late applications will not be accepted and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED