Content Developer At United States Of Africa
Volunteer Opportunity: Content Developer
The United States of Africa is looking for volunteers to join our content development team in order to provide authentic information about Africa, educate and advance our mission to unify Africa and people of African descent all over the world and tell African stories from our own perspective.
A Content Developer is responsible for developing an organization’s content strategy, as well as creating its deliverables. “Content “ is a broad term that can refer to blog posts, static web copy, podcasts and video content.Their responsibilities also include the technical aspect of content creation, such as basic HTML formatting and Search Engine Optimization.
Content Developer will promote organization’s products and services by developing copy for websites, social media, marketing materials, and other platforms. They create both written and verbal media for both private and public consumption.
Develop Strategic Content Goals
Although a Content Developer typically reports to the Marketing or Communications Director, they are the ones responsible for developing content goals and the strategies to reach those goals. They have to then pitch their strategy to the decision-makers at the company to get the green light.
Create Content and Manage Content Distribution
Creating content is the primary duty of a Content Developer. This content can include sales copy, blog posts, presentations, animations, web graphics, videos and social media content. The Content Developer is also responsible for creating an editorial calendar to establish when content will be distributed and through which channels.
Collaborate With Other Departments on Content Creation
Content Developers are rarely lone wolfs. They are the synthesizer of ideas on a larger team of marketers, subject matter experts and decision-makers. A Content Developer must be able to communicate with a variety of different people to create effective content.
Analyze Key Performance Indicators to Determine Content Effectiveness
Regardless of the type of content, the goal of said content is to ultimately generate more business for a company. the Content Developer is an Analytics Aficionado who obsesses over key performance indicators to ensure content performs as expected.
Quality Assurance (Content Developer At United States Of Africa)
This final duty requires a keen eye for detail and top-notch problem solving skills. Content Developers are often the last line of defense before content ends up in front of the user.
Content Developer Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, editing, and updating content for company websites, blogs, marketing materials, and similar platforms.
- Conducting research and interviews to learn more about current trends, developments, and perceptions about the subject matter, and then contextualizing your findings.
- Assisting the creative team with the design of promotional materials.
- Using social media to engage consumers, respond to questions or complaints, and to promote company initiatives.
- Collaborating with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Monitoring social media and company website metrics.
- Utilizing SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Suggesting new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers.
Content Creator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, or a similar field.
- Experience creating strong, engaging content.
- A portfolio of applicable outputs.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Content Developer At United States Of Africa )
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED