There is a Job vacancy for Community Driven Development / Capacity Building Specialist At MLGDRD.
Scope of Assignments and Key Responsibilities
- The Community Driven Development/Capacity Building Specialist will work with other members of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
- The Specialist’s main responsibility is to ensure the efficient planning, organisation, and implementation of local level activities as well as capacity building activities funded under the project
- Activities to be performed by the Community Driven Development/Capacity Building Specialist include, but are but are not limited to the following thematic areas:
Community Driven Development
- Provide technical assistance for the design and implementation of technical / participatory tools and instruments of all the components of the SOCO project according to the community driven development (CCD) approach
- Backstop the Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies (MMDAs) to intergrate the CDD approaches into the design and implementation of project activities and the local development planning cycle to ensure robustness and quality control
- Provide technical assistance for the development of a digital CDD module in the project’s management information system (MIS) application to support local level committees and facilitators in the implementation of the project
- Ensure the proper integration of gender equality, social inclusion (including of vulnerable groups), climate change considerations, conflict mitigation and citizens engagement in the implementation of project activities in a consistent manner at all levels
- Carry out monitoring of local level activities to ensure that CDD approaches and procedures, as well as mechanisms for community monitoring are being implemented
- Provide support and technical backstopping to key implementing partners – such as Government officials (e.g. staff of beneficiary District Assemblies), staff at the Zonal Coordinating Office, community Facilitators (CFs) recruited under the project and representatives of community project implementation committees (CPICs) so as to promote the CDD approach and inclusive participation at the community level
- Liaise with the social safeguard specialist and communication specialist to operationalise the stakeholder engagement plan
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, project management, development planning, or related programme deemed relevant to the position
- 8 years professional experience in Project Management and social work or in similar assignments related to capacity building in a local level/community development project or programme
- 4 years professional experience on a project funded by the world bank or an agency of the United Nations system or other donors of same size
- Proven knowledge of and experience in CDD tools, instrument and processes for engendering transparency, accountability and participation, ownership and efficiency in local governance and community driven development (CDD).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in training and capacity building, following participatory adult learning methodologies, including the development and writing of training manuals and materials
- Excellent digital skills, including the use of software such as Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) for design, communication, project management and analysis
- Full proficiency in the English language, proficiency in French is an advantage
How To Apply For Community Driven Development / Capacity Building Specialist At MLGDRD
Interested consultants must submit an expression of interest (EoI) indicating their qualifications and relevant experience to perform the assignment, coupled with their curriculum vitae.
The selection will be carried out through open competition among shortlisted individual consultants. Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below:
Five (5) hard copies of the EoI must be delivered to the address below (2), in separate sealed envelopes clearly marked for each of the position:
Address For Submission:
The Chief Director
Ministry of Local Government,
Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGDRD)
Digital Address System: GA-110-9895
Address for clarifications:
The Procurement Unit
Ministry of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGDRD)
First Floor, Room 23
P.O.Box M 50 Ministries, Accra-Ghana
Digital Address System: GA-110-9895
Closing Date: 5th August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED